VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Letter Shady?

Rate this question

kymike

Question

I filed for sc for Avascular necrosis of my right hip on 8/30/11. I go to my PO box to pick up my VA script on 9/24/11 and find a C&P letter for two exams, one on 9/20/11 and another on 9/21/11. The first was in Carrolltown Ky. About 50-60 miles away from my house. I live in louisville ky close to the VA medical center. So anyway, I missed both my exams. I had sent the VARO a change of address awhile back and have gotten mail from them at home. I kept my Po box address for my VA meds. I don't want my pain meds sent to my house. The letter from C&P was dated 9/12/11. Has anyone here had an exam scheduled 14 days after you applied for service connection?

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Here's a mistake I've made which is common:

Changing your address with the VA Medical Center doesn't change it with the VA Regional Office or any other regions.

You have to change your address with Regional Offices and every medical facility you use because it's not a central database.

Thanks Kelly. I'm hoping I caught this mistake in time. I'm still puzzled why the RO would rush my exams. The RO has my correct address, but the C&P people are at the VAMC and used that database. I needed this claim for my hips to move guickly. I need both hips replaced. No one knew my hips had AVN till last month. Spine doc who did my fusion kept saying it was my lumbar spine and wanted to do another surgury. I hope I can get this exam rescheduled. Besides my mistake, they didn't give me much notice. I would have a tough time getting a ride out to this clinic in the country.

I'm going to call the C&P office first thing in the morning. I know that it's grounds for denial. I'm so upset. It's partially my fault. My waterpump is out. I should have gone out to my PO box sooner. I never would have quessed that the RO would move that fast! This rush job is what I think is shady. TheC&P doc that gave my last ( horible) exam, works at the clinic in Carrollton. So it looks like they are sending me back to him.This sucks.

just to let you know, i never received a letter from my local vamc when ny c&p was scheduled in february. i found out, literally a day in advance. since i am wheel chair bound and need door to door service, i must advise my clinic, at least, 72 hours in advance. orlando told me it might be a year before they could resked me but they did and it was only 2 months later.

• HadIt.com Elder

The correct way to change address is to go to the means test folks and update your information. This changes it in the computer for all entities, VA and VBA. Sounds like the RO in louisville is playing games. They get their Kicks doing this. Why do they want you to go to carroltion which is halfway to cincinnati when the states largest VA is in Luoisville.

I know vets who drive to Lexington to avoid going to louisville.

Basser

just to let you know, i never received a letter from my local vamc when ny c&p was scheduled in february. i found out, literally a day in advance. since i am wheel chair bound and need door to door service, i must advise my clinic, at least, 72 hours in advance. orlando told me it might be a year before they could resked me but they did and it was only 2 months later.

Playing games seems correct. I filed for AVN of both hips on 8/30/11. The C&P letter was mailed on 9/13/11. VA ortho has already told me that me right hip has colaped and I need a hip replacement. But my MRI to confirm the xray was 9/16/11, which also confirmed my left hip is just as bad. I new al this and filed my claim at the end of August to keep an early EED. They must have sensed that I jump the gun on a incompletly developed claim. My orto appt. to discuss surgery is 10/11/11. Carollton? Really? I just got of the phone with the 800 number which said my address is updated and not the one they sent the letter to. I requested a new exam. Jbasser you are so right about going to Lexington. I am really afraid they are going to use this scam to deny my claim. Wish me luck. Mike...

I found out only because QTC called me the day before to confirm my appointment. I went, but it wasn't the best to leave my boss in a lurch for the day....