VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ao Thailand Va Bulletin

Rate this question

Berta

Question

bumping this up AGAIN

There is a wealth of info here at hadit and all searchable with the hadit search feature regarding AO and Thailand vets.

Yeah I know searching takes time- I probably spend more time here searching for important stuff for accurate replies then the actual time it takes to type a reply.

I searched something that cropped up in Claims forum this AM and spent almost 45 minutes at the BVA and am still not done reading and trying to figure out what the vet here is referring to.I dont even feel like reading anymore on that.

I have discussed Kurt Priessman's work with him in detail and interviewed him on SVR shows on this issue.He has shared it on the net as well as VA incorporated it all into the C & P directive on Thailand.

He does not get directly involved with Thailand claims anymore.EVerything he knows on AO Thailand is on the net and most of it -if not all-is linked here.

There are many Thailand vets who gained SC solely due to his relentless work.

It is all at hadit or there are links to what he used to win the FIRST AO Thailand vet's claim in history.

At a Regional Office Level at that!!!!!!

Kurt is a lot like me when it came to our VA claims-we left no stone unturned and were relentless in finding the evidence we needed.

Unfortunately that is what many claims take- lots of work and perseverance.

Not to mention lots and lots of reading and a lot of re-reading.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Berta:

I like how the VA is claiming that they only used herbicides on the perimeter of the bases and camps in Thailand. I have pictures taken near my hootch in 1971 and the grass is brown, how can you have brown grass when it rains almost everyday. Another thing on one web site, it may be the TLC Brotherhood site has picture from Korat in 1971 and pictures taken at the same places in the past couple of years, The differences are really amazing. Like you tell everyone there is lots of data on the net concerning herbicides in Thailand and a good bit of it is due to Kurt. I came remember seeing the spraying stuff around the hootches at night, supposedly it was for mosquitoes but who knows. Some of my friends that served in Vietnam had told me that they used to have spray gun fights and squirt each other with AO, they were told that it wouldn't hurt them, others have told me that they were sprayed while they were eating. For now Air Force Thai vets have to prove that they worked on or near the perimeters either as Security policemen, Security dog handlers or some other MOS that had them on or near the perimeter, for Army vets that served in Thailand they have had pulled security detail that put them on the perimeter.

Rick

I was in DaNang, Vietnam and Namphong, Thailand so I got a double dose. Should I sent in documentation to my VA file of both exposures. Have already filed claim for cancer under agent Orange from Vietnam?

You could but I think that I would concentrate on the Vietnam service. To prove AO exposure for Thailand you have to prove that you were on or near the perimeter of the base. If you were assigned to DaNang it should be reflected in your DD214 which gives you boots on the ground.

Rick

I was in DaNang, Vietnam and Namphong, Thailand so I got a double dose. Should I sent in documentation to my VA file of both exposures. Have already filed claim for cancer under agent Orange from Vietnam?