VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim

Rate this question

vet2010

Question

I am 100 Sc however I am filing for an increase on several claims. My plan is as follows, please tell me what you think and if this is correct. FIle an increase with my local DAV office and submit new medical evidence. I was told by the VSO office once I file for an increase it would take 12 - 24 months for a response/ decision. So, I will file on 3 Oct 2011, Once I file I will submit evidence at that time and on a monthly basis after I have been treated by my docs. I am filing and increase for the following,

1. Hemmoroids 0%

2. Testalgia 0%

3. High Blood Pressure 0% however I am now taking meds.

4. Constipation do to Meds side effect.

5. Left Eye blurred vision - denied on original claim.

6. Planters Wart - Denied on original claim..........

vet2010

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I am 100 Sc however I am filing for an increase on several claims. My plan is as follows, please tell me what you think and if this is correct. FIle an increase with my local DAV office and submit new medical evidence. I was told by the VSO office once I file for an increase it would take 12 - 24 months for a response/ decision. So, I will file on 3 Oct 2011, Once I file I will submit evidence at that time and on a monthly basis after I have been treated by my docs. I am filing and increase for the following,

1. Hemmoroids 0%

2. Testalgia 0%

3. High Blood Pressure 0% however I am now taking meds.

4. Constipation do to Meds side effect.

5. Left Eye blurred vision - denied on original claim.

6. Planters Wart - Denied on original claim..........

vet2010

Ditto on Pete's post.

Is your status P&T.

When you open your claim back up you provide the VA with the

opportunity to look EVERYTHING over again (if you haven't held the ratings long

enough to meet the 10 & 20 years of protection) and to re-evaluate all of your disabilities.

I guess my only question would be to ask what the goal is and if it's worth taking some risk ?

Also, you post that you are going to submit evidence on a monthly basis.

IMO - this would be a horrible thing to do because wherever you claim issues are at in the process,

each time you submit something additional - that evidence has to be figured in for consideration

and time wise - it's the same as starting from scratch over and over and this happens each time you submit something additional.

It's not the AMOUNT of evidence submitted that counts BUT the quality of the evidence.

IMO - the intention of the claimant should be to submit credible and probative evidence that supports

a grant for the claim issue/s - and then leave it alone and do not continue submitting more evidence -

give the issues time to get thru the process - and don't keep starting it over again.

JMHO

Thanks for the reply, however no I am NOT P and T and that is my goal. I have two claims Prostatis and Depression that VA states will be scheduled for future exams, that is what scares me, both are at 50% each. The claims listed below are claims I feel the VA low balled me on, I retired in Oct 2010 and I just went to my first VA appt back in June. To get this straight, I should not file for an increase at time? If not when should I file , and I was told VA will not schedule me for a new C and P until maybe 2-3 years from now. Please help, my one year window to file under the original claim is closing fast 31 Oct 2011 (45 Days). Iguesss what I am asking is what would you do? Yes I am taking meds for depression and my prostate has worsened.

vet2010

Iguesss what I am asking is what would you do?

vet2010

Me personally - I wouldn't do anything else at all since the current rating is 100 %,

unless it would get me more benefits like SMC/S and the I personally may not even

push any for that.

Maybe other's will chime in and there could be some different opinions.

Ultimately we are responsible for our claims, so your decisions are quite important.

JMHO

I think a veteran should claim SC for any condition that could ultimately cause or contribute to their death.

I would definitely ask for higher rating on the HBP if you fall into a higher HBP criteria at the Schedule of Ratings.

VA is quick to say that HBP is "essential" meaning they dont know what is causing it.

Due to personal experience, if their is a medical cause for the HBP and VA doesnt adequately diagnose and treat the cause (but just treats the symptoms of HBP) then the HBP could become a contributing cause for a veteran's death.

Just my opinion ( based on an extensive VA Peer review report in DC on my FTCA case)

Of course stress can cause HBP with no cardio involvement not any physical cause.

Edited by Berta