VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nervous About C&p Exam For My Back. Will I Get Screwed Because Of Rom

Rate this question

gamorris

Question

I am new to this forum and I thank those who have educated me greatly!. Had my C&P exam last week and am a bit nervous about this process. Had multiple back injuries while in the Coast Guard which are documented (even on my retirement PE). MRI states multiple herniated disc L1-L5 with annular tears and moderate degenerative disc disease L1-S1. Also have radiculopathy with bilat lower extremity weakness. I have researched that most back claims are rated on ROM, which mine was 40%, but I have documented bed rest for 7 weeks in the past year, and have been out of worked for a total of 5 months the past year. For anyone with experience or similar findings, what would be my likely rating? Am I going to get hosed because of the 40% ROM? I kow this question may be redundant, but I appreciate all responses. Thanks for your support!

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Gamorris

Not to many Dr's give bedrest for back disabilities anymore. You must of got one of the very few that do.

Coot

Yeah, he bedrested me after PT, and spinal injection failed. I could stand or walk, and was loopy due to pain pills and muscle relaxants...