VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Assistance With Program

Rate this question

ply

Question

My classes online have begun but I still need materials ordered and I have not gotten any communication with my VRC. I simply can't get a hold of him to order my

books and he already knows that my classes have started but has made no effort to get the books needed or responded to my emails and calls.

I feel like I'am being set up for failure, I haven't even received my stipend from last semester when I was under a different counselor. Is this really how this program operates?

What the hell is going on? My classes have started and I still have no books

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

"they say the counselor has just been sitting in his office ignoring all phone calls"

If that is the college's VA counselor- call the Dean's office.

If that is the VA Voc Rehab counselor- call the college's veterans counselor and/or the Financial Aid office.

I was a Chapter 35 student at AMU until I graduated and I dealt via email with the college's veteran's liason counselor as well as the VA educational dept.

I did most all of that via email. A few minor glitches but a surprisingly very smooth process.

Although Chap 35 and Voc Rehab are different- my husband was in Voc Rehab at Corning college and their VA liason for Voc Rehab/Chap 35 was a Gulf War vet and she made it all go very smoothly for him. Never a single problem with his tuition, books or stipend.

If this is a VA counselor- file a complaint at IRIS under the Complaint thing instead of the status thing.

Berta's advice will more than likely get the ball rolling faster and that's what you need. But also calling your Congressman will let them know, as a veteran, you mean business. It's my thinking, that the more BS VA or it's entities are dishing out, the more Congress is aware of...."If the wheel doesn't squeak, then Congress is going to ignore it". JMO

Coot