VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Quetiapine 100Mg Feedback?

Rate this question

cojolio

Question

Has anyone been given Quetiapine 100 MG tab for PTSD? My doc has given me 3 types of sleeping pills and none has helped. Today he "upgraded" to this medicine and told me to be careful since I am going to be pretty sedated from it? I also take another pill for anxiety as well called citalophram....The upgrade in medication was because today was my appt with the PTSD doctor and I told him about stuff this month and how it has been rough...due to the 9/11 tv coverage etc.....so he said my symptoms are worst

9/11 adniversary hit me pretty hard since Im from NYC, loss a HS friend in the collapse, lost a few friends in the war (a HS buddy shot in the neck in Iraq for example)...then us not catching Bin Laden in 04 (i was there when Afghanistan was having their first "democratic" elections....so we had to protect voters, ballots, politicians, and then chase and hunt insurgents!)...

Edited by cojolio

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thank you WestCoastly, I went to my PCP today and she told me the same thing...

My husband takes the VA brand of Seroquel, 100mg at night. You will be extremely sleepy about 1/2 hour after taking it, so plan ahead. Also, it makes my husband extremely hungry after he takes, so he snacks until he falls asleep. There is a real risk of weight gain because of the hunger, but hopefully you'll be asleep before you can eat too much. Just make wise snack choices.

Good luck with the medicine. It works very well for my husband.

I take 300mg at night and sleep like a baby. Its a mood stabalizer so it might help you. It does have severe side effects so be careful. It will raise your cholesterol and blood sugar levels. You should be monitered by your PCP while taking. I had to take meds to lower my cholesterol. It blocks the signal to the Brain telling you that you are full so be prepared to be HUNGRY. It is the only thing that has worked for me and I couldnt live without it. Just give it time to regulate your mind before passing judgement on it.

Thank you. Not looking foward to gaining weight at all :-/

I take 300mg at night and sleep like a baby. Its a mood stabalizer so it might help you. It does have severe side effects so be careful. It will raise your cholesterol and blood sugar levels. You should be monitered by your PCP while taking. I had to take meds to lower my cholesterol. It blocks the signal to the Brain telling you that you are full so be prepared to be HUNGRY. It is the only thing that has worked for me and I couldnt live without it. Just give it time to regulate your mind before passing judgement on it.

I bounced around on dosage until they found the right one on it which is 300 mg. they took me off the klonopin (clonazepam) and put me on the seroquel (quitiapine) and for the headaches/migrains and weight gain they added topamax along with my other regular morning meds to keep me sane. the seroquel works great if you give it a chance. but i agree with charlie to find the right dosage and talk to your doc about tests. if it isn't working for you then it ain't working lol. at first they did make me a zombie, but i guess i got used to it. people tell me i am "slower" and "different", but if that is the trade for not being as psychotic and at least i am getting 4 or 5 hours of sleep a night...i'll take the trade happily.