VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iom Ao Update

Rate this question

Berta

Question

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Capt.Contaminate,

Thanks for the case. I also have four other cases: 0306225, 0821251, 0606156 & 0802669. So I'm still gathering info.

Don

Hello Don, Spar

Thank you too. The main thing is too try and keep the cases relevant and posted for others to see and to be able to access to help all Veterans that are fighting the diseases and the 38 CFR's . It is always important to share what we can. The (2) Two cases I post refer to Dr. Durham and a Dr. Yu IMO's that swung the opinion to grants for these PN without Diabetes claims and chronic in nature. That is the key to these 2 unusual grants.

I would also take John999 advice and file the PN claim so as to start the process and get that EED for future work. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

Capt. Since I have PN secondary to DMII at 20%. Sould I file for PN direct? Or is it best left along!

Hello Spar.... Were you in Vietnam. If so the VA has it listed as Presumptive but if outside of it you may or should try to direct service connect it. This may take buddy statements , environmental reports , IME's or IMO's and any other supportive documents to connect the dots. Because the VA recognizes PN as secondary to Diabetes II it should not be as much of a problem than if you did not have Diabetes II. Just remember that to prevail with the VA.......NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Capt. sir, I'm 100% with PC and Lypth node cancer, DMII 20% with secondary 20% PN both legs, Yes I was in Vietnam,Camp Eagle with the 1st aviation brigade. My question since my PN is causing more problems than my DMII, when does it become primary to DMII or become a primary condition?

• HadIt.com Elder

I would file for an increase in the PN ratings as secondary to the DMII. The standard rating for PN is usually 10% for each limb, but you can get rated higher than that if the evidence shows it is getting worse. Do you use the VA pain clinic. You could also file a claim for chronic pain disorder/depression with is a mental health issue. Have you been tested for PAD? If you have IHD you could have blockages in your legs. Do your legs cramp up when you walk. You know the big danger with PN and or PAD is amputation. Do you have a private podiatrist? If you can get the VA to do a CT scan of your legs it could show how bad they are due to the calcification in you limbs. I would file for the PN in my hands as well all secondary to DMII.