VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cue For Ptsd Claim?

Rate this question

usmcman001

Question

Question-

I had put in a claim for PTSD in early 08 and the claim was closed in Oct 08 for no supporting documents. I am a combat vet with a Combat action ribbon etc. I recieved a letter that stated they needed more evidence and what not. I sent in letters from fmily memebers and friends I was in the service with supporting statements of PTSD. I never was diagnosed with PTSD by the VA. In that fact I never went to the doc at all. After I sent in info About a month later I recieved another letter asking for more documents. I replied with no more information to provide. Shortly after I was denied for PTSD.

I currently have a open claim for PTSD again and was diagnosed by the psych with PTSD. Now just waiting to a rating from VBA. My question is should my claim from 08 been closed so quick and should they have gave me a C&P before a decision? I am trying to see if what I should do and if this a CUE. Also is there anyway to get back dated to that time since I was diagnosed with PTSD for this claim? Thanks

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hey Phillip ,

Is that how you Airborne guys become qualified , once you realized you didn't join the Worlds finest fighting force , you jump out of a perfectly fine plane !!!!!!!

Ha Ha i couldn't resist !!!!! All in god fun.

Sgt Sandman SEMPER FI

That's why they invented the parachute, so the army wouldn't have to hump, jump, and swim to get where we're going while the marines are still figuring out how to navigate a map. hehe

Airborne All The Way!!!

Coot

USMC,you dont have a CUE,Va did there job when they send you a letter asking for more evidence (VACC NOTICE RESPONSE LETTER).That was there duty letter to assist telling you what was needed to substantiate your claim, although you said you send in lay evidence from your flamily and friends but you didn't get a medical opinion from a Psychologist of Psychiatrist,You was Halfway home by having the combat action ribbon,that was your in-service stressor, but you did't have the diagnosis of ptsd and that was why va didnt give you a C&P.On that letter va tell you to send evidence as soon as possible and if we don't hear from you we may made a decision in 30 days,however you have up to one year from the date of this letter to submit the information and evidence necessary to support your claim and va go on to say if we decide your claim before one year from the date of this letter,you still have the remainder of the one-year period to submit additional information necessary to support your claim. This is how va cover themself from a CUE. I hope this help,good luck.

mobie

I thought a c&p was for diagnosing problem? Why did the VA sign me up for a c&p thi time then without asking for it? Just think with a CAR and letters and what not it woul have gone further than it did.

I thought a c&p was for diagnosing problem? Why did the VA sign me up for a c&p thi time then without asking for it? Just think with a CAR and letters and what not it woul have gone further than it did.

Apparently you did not have a diagnosis for PTSD when that Rating Decision was adjudicated.