VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Desperately Need Copy Of C&p Exam

Rate this question

Loose Cannon

Question

Hello,

I just completed all three C&P Exams the VA set up for me through QTC. I am seeking an increased PTSD rating, a TBI rating, and TDIU. The first exam I had was with a doctor contracted by QTC who, after about an hour, told me in her EXACT WORDS: "Do not worry about anything. I will be recommending 100% disability for your PTSD and TBI symptoms." Naturally I was glad to hear that but I would feel even more comfortable SEEING her report.

I am also in the process of appealing my SSDI and a positive report/evaluation like that would GREATLY benefit that claim as well. How can I get a copy of her C&P exam?? It was not done at a VA hospital so that makes it harder. I am told that QTC likes to keep a tight lid on their exams.

Any suggestions based on experiences would be much appreciated as time is of the essence in regards to the Social Security Disability claim.

Thank you!

LC

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

What is the exact wording of your denial from SSA ?

9/16/2011 Denial Letter says..."Based on a review of your health problems, you do not qualify for benefits on this claim. This is because you are not disabled under our rules. In deciding the claim, we considered evidence from VA Medical Center Report received 3/30/2011 and VA Medical Center Report received on 9/14/2011. We have determined that the condition is not severe enough to preclude work. We considered the medical and other information, age, education, training, and work experience in determining how the condition affects the ability to work. On your application you stated that you are disabled because of PTSD and TBI. The medical evidence shows that your condition is not severe enough to be considered disabling. You are able to think, act in your own interest, communicate, handle your own affairs, and adjust to ordinary emotional stresses without significant difficulties. We realize that your condition keeps you from doing any of your past jobs, but it does not keep you from doing less demanding work. Based on your age, education, and past work experience, you can do other work. It has been decided, therefore, that you are not disabled according to the Social Security Act. If the condition gets worse and precludes work, write, call, or visit any SS office about filing another application."

HERE'S WHAT I THINK HURT ME: I didn't send my psych doctor's statement in to their office until 9/12/2011. By the time the letter arrived at the SS office and was routed to the person deciding the case, it was too late...the decision had already been made! My doctor's statement contradicts EVERY reason they listed in their denial letter and clearly states I am not able to pursue gainful employment due to my condition. I've got to believe that if they had the letter sooner the decision may have gone in my favor...Lesson learned and time wasted. Can't do anything about that now except I've included it in my Disability Report Appeal and HAND-DELIVERED it to my local SS office.

LC

Yes-make sure they have that-

I dont know why vets dont protest more over how reluctant QTC is on revealing their C & Ps ,when ,if a VAMC does the C & P, sometimes it takes mere weeks to get the results.

Tell the SSA of this exam and ask them to obtain it for the reconsideration of their denial.

You might have to fill out an SSA authorization form and tell the exactly where this C & P was done.

Have you considered getting a SSA attorney to help you?

I am a little surprised at the SSA letter referring only to 2 VAMC reports.In my personal experience with my husband's claim, they had so many records on him they kept them on a dolly. It was quite a stack.All hospitals, all SMrs, etc etc. He was 30% SC for PTSD and SSA gave him SSA for a 1151 (now Direct SC CVA) and upon reconsideration (I used the SSA regs against them)he was awarded SSA solely for his SC PTSD.And 8 years later -awarded 100% for PTSD by the VA.

If your SSA office is local they might allow you to peruse their regulations books.I found within a few hours (they wont help you find anything) a regulation they didnt apply to my husband's case (they allowed me to xerox a few copies)and that regulation ,submitted as evidence, led to succeeding on the reconsideration request.

They might even have their regulations these days right on the internet.

"I submitted Doctor's letters, etc. stating that my condition was not likely to improve and that I was not able to maintain gainful employment."

Did they ever acknowledge these letters at all?

Sounds like SSA is getting as bad as the VA when it comes to evidence.

UPDATE...On October 27th QTC called to tell me they sent the results of all C&P exams to the VA. After looking at EBenefits, it shows that these reports from QTC were received on November 2. I can accept the fact that my VA case must wait "in the stack" with other cases before getting rated but I really need a copy of the C&P exams to give to SSA for my SSDI case. I have been in contact with the person (Disability Determination Examiner) who denied my Reconsideration request and she said they could recall my case if I provide her with the exams and they show favorable evidence. Even though I provided her with the info/address where the exams were (Winston-Salem NC VARO) she said that since the case was closed, SHE could not request new/additional info. Yes...I filed for the ALJ Hearing to keep my SSDI request going and I will most likely be getting a lawyer's help for the rest of this...BUT...

If I visited the Winston-Salem NC VARO where I know for a fact these exams are sitting, does anyone think I could get copies of them? What sense does it make to have to wait until AFTER my VA case is decided? That could take months and months...meanwhile I could be receiving SSDI if my SSDI case gets recalled and awarded- Retro payments are nice but don't help if with the bills or expenses I'm facing NOW. I also wouldn't have to endure the ALJ process. Just trying to get these C&P exam reports is my biggest challange right now. Any suggestions??

• HadIt.com Elder

If you want to you can go to VARO and ask for or at least read it now that they have it.

Good Luck on your claim

If you want to you can go to VARO and ask for or at least read it now that they have it.

Good Luck on your claim

My VARO is about a 3 hour drive from where I live. I would gladly make the trip if they could do that! Wonder if I try calling the 1-800 number if they would be able to do anything for me such as let me know if that is possible or better yet, send me a copy. My DAV rep actually works in the SAME BUILDING that the VARO is in Winston-Salem, NC...Wonder if he would be able to obtain a copy since he has POA to represent me? I also am wondering if I went to my local VA Hospital's Release of Information office if they would be able to access and print copies?

So many questions...but this is vital to getting my SSDI approved, otherwise I'd just sit back and wait since I made a formal FOI request last month for this info. Hope everyone understands this.

LC