VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Qualification For Fentanyl Patches

Rate this topic

Just an FYI. Do some google searching for withdrawing from opiates. There are several sites that have lots of things you can do/take to help vitamins/ MMJ. It may take a little looking but it's worth it if your getting ready to withdrawal. Also the main issue that causes restless legs, and anxiety, sleeplessness, is that when you withdrawal your heartrate goes up. If you can, talk to a doc about getting something temporary to counter the blood pressure spike and it'll ease the process. I've quit Oxycontin, methadone, ms contin, and a few others. Oxy was the worste followed closely by methadone. Also if your planning on using suboxome, make sure your opiates have been out of your system for at least a 3-4 day window or when you take the suboxome you will go into precipitated withdrawals whichis ten times worse than regular. suboxome is for opiates what that drug they give alcoholics that makes them sick is for alcohol. My good friend had been on high doses of methadone for 8 years. He went cold turkey and on the 3rd day went to suboxome appt. upon taking first dose he went staraight into precipitated withdrawals. He'd been on methadone so long it was in his bones. So length of use is a factor. But for the threads I saw with the guy thinking of going to rehab for hydrocodone withdrawals. To each their own, maybe it's necessary with heart problems but I would just monitor blood pressure and taper a bit and quit. The key is to not focus on quitting. Keep busy. Make up your mind. Withdrawal isn't that likely to kill. Its possible but not likely.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic