VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anxiety Meds

Rate this topic

Dr is wanting to put me on anxiety meds. I told her I don't want any the mess with my liver ( I have iron overload in liver). I am trying to protect and nit let any other harm come to my liver, so, the question. Are there any anxiety meds that won't mess with my liver that I can take?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr is wanting to put me on anxiety meds. I told her I don't want any the mess with my liver ( I have iron overload in liver). I am trying to protect and nit let any other harm come to my liver, so, the question. Are there any anxiety meds that won't mess with my liver that I can take?

I also have enough iron to build a tank but have been on venaflaxine for 3 years with no problems so far.

Just over protective. Gotta keep whatever organs I still have in my stomach. I has my gallbladder appendix ane an ileal resection. Ever since that my liver hasn't been up

To par. Just want to protect it. I will Have to look up that drug. Thank you.

T8r

I been taking xanax for axiety and since I have to get phlebotomies every 6 weeks I don.t worry about it. If it does have iron in it, it's only a minute amount anyway.

Like I said before, I've had iron overload for 20 years and never worried about taking anything that had iron in it. Just keep away from liver and iron pills and you'll be just fine, as long you keep up with your phlebotomies.

Coot

• HadIt.com Elder

I've had diagnosed PTSD for 22 yrs (rated 100%, solely for ptsd) and have only taken meds twice, for it, each time for about 3 months. I believe if the meds aren't for something critical, don't take them. These days I worry about kidneys and liver. No problems, yet, but why chance it. The VA doesn't really care about us and uses meds as an easy treatment. jmo

pr