VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Some Input Please

Rate this question

wisconsinwalter

Question

I just was advised for the second time to stop treatment. 1st was in CPT and now the shrink ha advised me to stop the med treatment because I am unwilling to increase my dose of Pravasin. I was at 3 mil and she said it had to go much higher to take effect. I am unwilling to do this.

I guess my demeanor had shaken her as she referenced my lack of eye contact and folded arms as hate towards her and the treatment.

I got a letter today stating I have completed the program. Call if I want to do it again.

My diagnosis is

axis 1-Ptsd, severe, major depressive disorder

axis 2-likely aspd. This is where find it to be BS. I was in choir, 4 year letterman and went to church regularly before I joined the corps. I was even religious lay leader in boot camp

axis 3- various ortho problems, dyslipidemia, htn,ibs

axis 4-chronic sx of depression and ptsd

Axis 5-GAF 45

I am in a NOD because my CVSO put down mental disorder do to stabbing in the USMC and I wasnt rated at my c&p

I dont understand half of this, can anyone shed light on what the dx means?? Is this enough to get some comp?

TIA

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I am in a NOD because my CVSO put down mental disorder do to stabbing in the USMC and I wasnt rated at my c&p

I dont understand half of this, can anyone shed light on what the dx means?? Is this enough to get some comp?

TIA

What is your NOD for.

Can you post the Reasons and Bases Section of the Rating Decision

that you are filing the NOD on ?

What is your current 30% SC for ?

dx=Diagnosis

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think you should stop getting treatment you need to change Doc's. Just my opinion but it appears that you have some issues you need some help with.

What is your NOD for.

Can you post the Reasons and Bases Section of the Rating Decision

that you are filing the NOD on ?

What is your current 30% SC for ?

dx=Diagnosis

10% shoulder injury

10% scar on said shoulder

10 % scar on stomach

I am in a nod for the PTSD and a knee replacement. I was able to show 4 distinct training injurys to my knee. The doc who rating my knee was an internal med doc, not an ortho. I am in this position because the VA would not even scope my knee.

This doc believes that there is some magical exit exam that takes place when I got out. I was on light duty all the way to my eas because I had shoulder surgery 3months before. My knee was not an issue then because I was no PTing. This doc say it was more than likely something that happened after service

Needless to say, I am 46 with a new knee. I did see a private doc about it for the last 10 years and the VA knew it. He scoped me but it was too late as the spurring and meniscus tears had tore up my cartilidge. My private doc is the ortho teaching prof at the VA hospital here. He says it is more than likely because of service.

the mental health was denied because I never went to intake. My cvso screwed there.

"I am in a NOD because my CVSO put down mental disorder do to stabbing in the USMC and I wasnt rated at my c&p"

"the mental health was denied because I never went to intake" ???

Is this claim clearly for PTSD due to the stabbing?

Have you sent VA proof of the stabbing?

Did the claim also ask for compensation for the scar due to the stabbing?

The scar ratings are here in the Schedule of Ratings under the Diagnosic Codes link to the right of the main forum.

"I dont understand half of this, can anyone shed light on what the dx means?? Is this enough to get some comp?"

With the DX of PTSD from the VA, all you should need is proof of the inservice stressor.Should...... hard to say what VA will do.

Did the diagnosing doc make a nexus statement?

The ASPD sure sounds like BS to me too-

Do you have the police reports and is this stabbing and treatment for it documented in your SMRs?

"I am in a NOD because my CVSO put down mental disorder do to stabbing in the USMC and I wasnt rated at my c&p"

"the mental health was denied because I never went to intake" ???

Is this claim clearly for PTSD due to the stabbing?

Have you sent VA proof of the stabbing?

Did the claim also ask for compensation for the scar due to the stabbing?

The scar ratings are here in the Schedule of Ratings under the Diagnosic Codes link to the right of the main forum.

"I dont understand half of this, can anyone shed light on what the dx means?? Is this enough to get some comp?"

With the DX of PTSD from the VA, all you should need is proof of the inservice stressor.Should...... hard to say what VA will do.

Did the diagnosing doc make a nexus statement?

The ASPD sure sounds like BS to me too-

Do you have the police reports and is this stabbing and treatment for it documented in your SMRs?

[/quot

the scar is from the stabbing, it is 11" long, they added 10% for the scar at my CP I am in a NOD for, they are not disputing the stressor. It is in my SMR. I cant get medical records from the hospital I have tried. I needed them for the redaction of my large intestine and damaged spleen.

I know I am difficult but that is how I protect myself. to make a long story short, I was sent to prison for trying to kill my ex wifes boyfriend when we were married right after I got out. They used my anger and fear against me and made it mitigating. I no longer let people write anything about, or at least as little as possible. Hence the depression. As far a people go, I can definately do without them in my life. I may be anti social now, but I wasnt always, especially as a kid

I far as a nexus, I really dont know what that is. At intake, it was noted as service connected stress and depression

OK= Thanks for clarifying-

You have formal claim in for PTSD due to this proven established stressor.

"It is in my SMR. I cant get medical records from the hospital I have tried. I needed them for the redaction of my large intestine and damaged spleen."

Did you request these records from the Records Access officer at the VAMC that treats you?

I don't know why they would not release the records.If the intestinal and spleen damage are due to this assault, they can be claimed too.

I know what you mean- the VA hinders our ability to trust anyone or any federal agency with some of their tactics.

The nexus is the link of a current disability to one's service.

You have established the nexus already for the PTSD claim.

Do you have a vet rep? How long has it been since you requested the VA medical records?

Or were these inservice med recs?