VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Some Input Please

Rate this question

wisconsinwalter

Question

I just was advised for the second time to stop treatment. 1st was in CPT and now the shrink ha advised me to stop the med treatment because I am unwilling to increase my dose of Pravasin. I was at 3 mil and she said it had to go much higher to take effect. I am unwilling to do this.

I guess my demeanor had shaken her as she referenced my lack of eye contact and folded arms as hate towards her and the treatment.

I got a letter today stating I have completed the program. Call if I want to do it again.

My diagnosis is

axis 1-Ptsd, severe, major depressive disorder

axis 2-likely aspd. This is where find it to be BS. I was in choir, 4 year letterman and went to church regularly before I joined the corps. I was even religious lay leader in boot camp

axis 3- various ortho problems, dyslipidemia, htn,ibs

axis 4-chronic sx of depression and ptsd

Axis 5-GAF 45

I am in a NOD because my CVSO put down mental disorder do to stabbing in the USMC and I wasnt rated at my c&p

I dont understand half of this, can anyone shed light on what the dx means?? Is this enough to get some comp?

TIA

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

this was 27 years ago. I was TAD before going overseas and was jumped by some guys who didnt like the corps, me or my friends.

The med records were from the civi hospital that saved me. I do not know why the records didnt follow, just the report of the healing scar. I have the cso in Milwaukee as a POA

OK= Thanks for clarifying-

You have formal claim in for PTSD due to this proven established stressor.

"It is in my SMR. I cant get medical records from the hospital I have tried. I needed them for the redaction of my large intestine and damaged spleen."

Did you request these records from the Records Access officer at the VAMC that treats you?

I don't know why they would not release the records.If the intestinal and spleen damage are due to this assault, they can be claimed too.

I know what you mean- the VA hinders our ability to trust anyone or any federal agency with some of their tactics.

The nexus is the link of a current disability to one's service.

You have established the nexus already for the PTSD claim.

Do you have a vet rep? How long has it been since you requested the VA medical records?

Or were these inservice med recs?