VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Claim Vet 70

Rate this question

Pete53

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I either have a brain freeze or just need to know for sure. I am helping a Veteran who served 2 tours in Nam a Marine who is filing for PTSD and Agent Orange Prostate Cancer. Like many with PTSD he has a pretty sketchy work History. Should he file for TDIU now or wait for an answer from VARO. I think he should file for TDIU but I am not sure.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I know you can't get 100% and TDIU at the same time. You still should file for it as soon as you can because it takes them a long time to adjudicate it. The way the VA is supposed to do if you are 100% and then reduced is to consider TDIU if you can't work.

I either have a brain freeze or just need to know for sure. I am helping a Veteran who served 2 tours in Nam a Marine who is filing for PTSD and Agent Orange Prostate Cancer. Like many with PTSD he has a pretty sketchy work History. Should he file for TDIU now or wait for an answer from VARO. I think he should file for TDIU but I am not sure.

Pete,

If he is unemployed due to medical conditions that will be listed in his claim,

then I would advise to complete a 21-8940 and go ahead and submit it with his claim for VA benefits.

Sounds to me like this will be his first (original) claim for VA benefits, is this correct ?

Does he have a PTSD DX yet - if yes - is it from a VA MH provider ?

Is he receiving any treatment for his PTSD ?

If not - be sure to mention the "Vet Centers" to him.

www.vetcenter.va.gov

JMHO

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for the info. He thinks that PTSD is a scam and will probably tell anyone he sees at VA the same. He served 2 tours in Nam has combat decorations and probably has PTSD but I am not a Doc. He does have plenty of symptoms.

He did use VA for Meds only but quit would rather pay more for his Meds than deal with VA.

Never filed a claim.

Thanks for the info. He thinks that PTSD is a scam and will probably tell anyone he sees at VA the same. He served 2 tours in Nam has combat decorations and probably has PTSD but I am not a Doc. He does have plenty of symptoms.

He did use VA for Meds only but quit would rather pay more for his Meds than deal with VA.

Never filed a claim.

Pete,

Why does your topic refer to Vet 70 ?

Is this vet's age 70 ?