VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu

Rate this question

cbtvet

Question

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks john Let me give some va stated reasons for their decision

.(difficulty adapting to work) ,(difficulty understanding complex commands) (major impairment in several areas such as work,jugement,thinking,mood. (unprovoked irratability.)

Edited by cbtvet

It would also help you alot if you can back these up with employee records and/or letters showing days off sick and any records of disciplinary actions, buddy and co-worker statements, etc. that represent these symptoms.

Like John stated, an IMO would defiantly be the best approach.

Also, a statement from yourself explaining why you feel employment is not suitable due to your disabilities. Just make it short and to the point, because alot of raters grimace at long, "and to them" boring statements.

Coot

Thanks john Let me give some va stated reasons for their decision

.(difficulty adapting to work) (inability to maintain effective relationships).,(difficulty understanding complex commands) (major impairment in several areas such as work,jugement,thinking,mood. (unprovoked irratability with periods of violence) I don't think anyone would hire a person with these traits.'.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you find the right doctor an IMO can work wonders. The VA just incorporated my IMO right into the decision because they loved it. The doctor I used had been a VA shrink but retired and went into private practice. If you can find someone like that who knows how to write these reports it makes all the difference. They know the buzz words and format the VA is looking for.

One of my vets came back rated at 70% the first time. The C&P examiner's write-up stated things what should have had him at 100%. The vet was also rated low on 4 other issues. I got him his max on all.

Make sure your VSO has gone over the C&P and your one on one to see if you should not be at the higher rating.

just been rated 70% ptsd . my vso said we should file for tdiu. in order to get it right the first time is there anything i should do before submitting the claim.

Gulfvet45 thankyou, good point. Having read more posts on the tdiu claim something else came to my attention. the va report said my gaf is 40 .

Edited by cbtvet

Getting a statement from your doctor helps.

A lot of them are hesitant to provide such a statement but

if you remind them that, under VA rules, they have a duty to assist veteran's in such matters they'll give in.

Sometimes it takes a little push in the right direction.

sleeper,

Can you post the "VA rules" you are referring to above (that I put in bold) ?

Thanks.