VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating For Ihd

Rate this question

allanE

Question

Filed first time ever claim for IHD on August 2, 2011. The only paperwork on this claim so far is the original claim form (filled out for me by the American Legion rep) and the Ischemic Heart Disease Disability Benefits Questionnaire (filled out by my primary VA Doctor). I'm wondering how you think it will be rated. The doctor answered "yes" to does the Veteran have IHD. She answered "yes" to does the Veteran have congestive heart failure.....but "no" to chronic. I only had one CHF back in February of this year. She checked 3-5 METs and checked "yes" to Is there evidence of cardiac hypertrophy or dilatation. My LVEF is 60%. From everything I've read it looks like it may be rated at 30%. Also, since this is a pretty cut and dry claim do you think I will have to get another physical exam by C&P. Also, I read somewhere that if the disease began before Aug 31, 2010 and you file before Aug 31, 2011, the payments will be retroactive to Aug 31, 2010 added to the months since you've filed. Is that correct? Also, how long do you think this whole process will take.

Edited by allanE

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Although your claim does not come under the Nehmer Court Order

this is from the Nehmer Training letter , as to traditional EEDS and I agree they would go back one year prior to your filing date-0r to the effective regulation date -if the medical evidence warrants that.

"Effective Dates

The date the claim resulting in award was filed or date entitlement arose, whichever is later, but in no event prior to the effective date or the regulatory presumption of service connection."

"Also, since this is a pretty cut and dry claim do you think I will have to get another physical exam by C&P."

Was the form filled out by a private doctor? If so make sure VA knows this and gets those non VA medical records.

Whether this was a non VA doc or resulted from a VA C & P ,it depends on when ths exam was done. Hard to say whether you will need a C & P or not in the future.

"Also, how long do you think this whole process will take."

Impossible to guess. There are over 800,000 claims with the VA these days,with new claims filed every day.

As long as there is no question of your incountry Vietnam service,with the IHD diagnosis they should award you SC but

one cannot say when.

We have had awards here due to the new AOs that have occurred in less than or close to a year's time after filing .But they fell under the Nehmer court order.

• Founder

SC or S/C means Service Connected or Service Connection for the particular disability you are referring to.

you said "they should award you SC but one cannot say when" - what is SC?

the IHC disability benefits questionnaire was completed by my primary VA doctor...... they have my original DD214 which proves "boots on the ground"....... you say 800,000 claims - are they all processed at one office?

I filed my claim in St. Louis, Mo and they only take care of claims in the state of Missouri - the 800,000 must be nation wide. if approved, how do you think it will be rated? From what I've read, it should be 30% What do you think? IHD - YES; CHF - YES (not chronic); 3-5 METs; evidence of cardiac hypertrophy or dilatation - YES; LVEF-60%. With this information, do you think it will be rated at 30%.

AllanE, the payment are retroactive from the you date file with VA and not the date VA said it added to the list. When did you sevre in Vietnam, If Air Force was Danang? Have you check for DMII, Prostate, PN problems. It will take time for your claim :blink: Hang in there!

Listen I still think the VA and the Federal Government is responsible for the damages we incurred in Vietnam. I'm 80% disabled and not impressed. I volunteered to serve my country in 1967. Not a popular move, but my love of country and dedication too all that makes this country great, drove me to enlist in the Marine Corps.

Somehow Johnston and his little buddy McNamara decided that poising me and me fellow VN vets was a noble and worthy idea. After all the issues me and my family have had to endure it pains me to read the constant posts on veterans who were promised a fair and understanding government, just care from the VA and the respect for our service.

It is unacceptable to have a condition that occurred as a result of their knowing and intentional act exposing us to a Dixon, that will kill everyone of us, and then lamely say your compensation is from the time you applied. BULLS**T, did anybody get any notice that the US Government was posting a presumptive list for Agent Orange...I seemed to have missed that one.

Stand up. Right you congressman and Senators, call you priest stand on the corner. Or stay fixed, don't do anything, you'll find the status quo.

My name is Jim I served in VN in I Corp November 1967 to Feb 1969

IHD 1997

Prostrate Cancer 2004

PTSD 1967

Ringing in the ears 1967

DMII 2008

num hands and feet 1999

Leukemia Going through the test (Good Lord, just how much do they want from me and my wife).