VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating For Ihd

Rate this question

allanE

Question

Filed first time ever claim for IHD on August 2, 2011. The only paperwork on this claim so far is the original claim form (filled out for me by the American Legion rep) and the Ischemic Heart Disease Disability Benefits Questionnaire (filled out by my primary VA Doctor). I'm wondering how you think it will be rated. The doctor answered "yes" to does the Veteran have IHD. She answered "yes" to does the Veteran have congestive heart failure.....but "no" to chronic. I only had one CHF back in February of this year. She checked 3-5 METs and checked "yes" to Is there evidence of cardiac hypertrophy or dilatation. My LVEF is 60%. From everything I've read it looks like it may be rated at 30%. Also, since this is a pretty cut and dry claim do you think I will have to get another physical exam by C&P. Also, I read somewhere that if the disease began before Aug 31, 2010 and you file before Aug 31, 2011, the payments will be retroactive to Aug 31, 2010 added to the months since you've filed. Is that correct? Also, how long do you think this whole process will take.

Edited by allanE

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Right on! I feel that pain. Sometimes I think the Senator's and Congress sit in their meeting's saying " if these Vietnam veterans would just die and go away. We would have more lunch money for us, hmmmmm maybe start another WAR" Every morning I fight depression, pain and try to be positive!

1996 DMII

1999 IHD

2008 prostate cancer

2010 lymph cancer

2010 PN

2011 unemployed

I FEEL THE PAIN

Edited by SP4RVN1971