VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Got Fired Again

Rate this question

p3067

Question

hey everyone, im a 28 year old combat Marine deployed to Iraq for the initial invasion. After coming home and getting out of the marines i struggled with thoughts and dream like most others with ptsd. ive been to jail for a year, rehab for a year, done everything i can do to survive. i have been rated 50% for ptsd for about the last 2 years. for the past year things have got worse, i cant keep a job, just got fired yesterday for multiple infractions, including choking out a fellow employee.. i have a claim for increase submitted by the DAV. my c&p exam is in 2 weeks. should i bring in another letter from my recent employer showing i lost another job. in the last two months my nurse practitioner has switched my meds 3 different times, my brain does not seem to be accepting these drugs, but i take them for the hope of getting better. not sure if it matters, but my gaf for the last year have ranged from 40 to 45, im just so low right now. i cant believe i lost another job. i dont no what to do anymore, how am i gonna survive this one. any answers or hope are greatly apprieciated.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

welcome Marine. I am not gonna tell you what these others have already said because what they have already told you is all true to help you out as it is what they told me a little while ago when i needed help filing an increase for ptsd...which i am waiting for a decision to be made now on my claim. but what i am going to tell you is welcome aboard brother....good to have you. i have just lost my job as well (while on medical leave for PTSD). they didn't even bother to call me. they just sent a letter saying "hey your FMLA leave expired today so effective today your position has been filled" . AWESOME! thanks for the notice. I knew it was going to happen or that something was going to happen since before i left to go on leave the boss told me that she and the other workers didn't feel "safe" around me. anyways i know what you are going through. I got out in 2007 and my life has been a downward spiral ever since.