VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Student Loans

Rate this topic

RuskiLinguist

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Sorry for the long delay in reply.

This reply is to the question posed by VMO.

VMO, The forgiveness is just for you as far as anything I have read or studied.

You being declared 100% P&T entitles your school aged children (I forget what the max age is while they are attending school) to get their education covered under Chapter 35 benefits. The benefits may seem insignificant at first glance and prolly don't seem worth the trouble, but as anyone who has put a child through college can attest, $953/month in the hands of your student really frees up your ability to make sure they are there for a working degree instead of a or an MRS/MR degree!

They want the $$$, and you have a reason to ask if they are showing up for class, cause it is your sacrifice and benefits that are allowing them to attend college.

This is just one mans opinion, yet I fear it is too late to provide for your daughter, but there are many more of us out here with Precious Angels and Deamons that we know will change the world with a better education.

Sincerely,

Your RL (remember, the Russians are our friends!) LOL!

So to get the student loan forgiveness... DH has loans. DH has 100% scheduler, Permanent & Total. Got all the extra benefit applications, Chap 35, ChampVA, etc.

Can he apply for forgiveness? He's still working (got his heels dug in... panics whenever I talk about him quitting to get away from the stress). Doesn't he have to be unemployed to get loan forgiveness?

I thought he had to be unemployed, but Saturday ran into a fellow vet who is working who sent in his paperwork and got forgiveness.

Now I'm confused (again).

Our VSO is not helpful (not returning calls, so how can she be helpful?).

Sigh. Please tell me which is correct!

Thanks for the good news, Ruskilinguist! Is there a particular form, or can you tell me what form you used?

btw, I took Russian for about 2 weeks in college. Could not cut the alphabetic differences. My hat is off to you!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use