VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vbm

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I got my 2005 VBM today, but I had asked for the 2006 edition. I called LexisNexis and they are sending me the 2006 and told me to keep the 2005. Just from looking at a number of topics I see how badly represented I have been by the service organizations. The VA simply ignores most of the rules in CFR 38 until someone catches them. Every one of my decisions has errors.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest allanopie

>The VA simply ignores most of the rules in CFR 38 until someone catches them. Every one of my decisions has errors.

Hello John,

Everyone of these agencys need oversite & acountibility, including the DOD & the DVA. Does the GAO or DOJ have any weight to bare on the DVA when it comes to adherence to law?

Did you get the discs or does it come in paperback?

• HadIt.com Elder

CBS National News did a piece on how Military is not helping returning Veterans who may have PTSD. The Commanding Officer should work for the VA with the crappy answer he gave.

Both of the men interviewed were decorated soldiers who had been busted from E-4 to privates and were about to be kicked out of the Army. Their Civilian Shrink said they had PTSD big time.

Hello John,

you said...

"The VA simply ignores most of the rules in CFR 38 until someone catches them. Every one of my decisions has errors."

your post makes me really think a congressional inquiry is in order, even if it just makes them look at what there doing a little harder... maybe they will get it right!

mmmm…Looks like the VA is tryin to serve up some… today.

Guest allanopie

>Both of the men interviewed were decorated soldiers who had been busted from E-4 to privates and were about to be kicked out of the Army. Their Civilian Shrink said they had PTSD big time.

Your going to get allot of dieing homeless vets come winter, if something isn't done soon. These vets deserve to be treated & cared for. If the VA refuses to get on the ball & pick these vets up the DOD is tossing out, you may have a good many vets in the streets next winter.

Please don't ASSUME the Dept of Veterans Affairs or the DOD will take care of it, without Congressional & US Court persuasion.

• HadIt.com Elder

Allan

I got the paperback VBM. I went to the LexisNexis bookstore. I got the 800 number and called them to ask for the 2006. I wanted to read about CUE but all these other subjects jumped out at me. I read how the VA cannot change a diagnosis without a explanation. They changed my diagnosis based strictly on what a guy at a C&P exam said with no explanation. I read about inferred claims. At no time has the VA in my region every done anything on an inferred claim unless the veterans files a formal or informal claim himself. They don't abide by the bilateral factor rule. What really gets me is that the DAV lets this sloppy work go by and could care less. I had an inferred claim for TDIU in 1973 and the VA just ignored it. I had inferred claims for DMII and PN and the VA ignored it until I filed a claim.

I read about the soldiers who are being mistreated for having PTSD. I talked to my psychologist yesterday. He works with the spill over from MacDill AFB. He believes the AF at least is hiding the number of PTSD cases by sending these guys back to duty and keeping them in the service. Officially, the military is saying everyone with PTSD or mental problems should seek help, but in reality, when they do seek help their careers are over and they become shitbirds. The soldiers start to have symptoms and they end up at the wrong end of a court martial for drug abuse etc.

John