VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam I Never Requested

Rate this question

Ryguy

Question

I received a letter a few days ago from VA stating "We have scheduled you for an appointment. This appt is needed to process your claim for compensation or pension beneifts, as a result of your military service. The VBA requires this medical exam.

I assumed at first it was for my pending appeal on my cervical issues, but when i called the c&p clinic to ask what this appointment was for, the clinic coordinator told me it was for a claim for increase on things i'm already receiving service connected disability for, which are my feet, ankle, and lumbar issues. I never have put in a claim for an increase.

Is this odd or normal that they would request an exam for an increase on things i'm service connected already for??? I follow up on these service connected issues all the time with my current physican. Or is this a re-evaulation?? Please help. I'm confused

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Of course, I don't know if that would be the case here, but my son was given a c&p appointment for an increase that he had not requested. However, someone at the hospital he'd been an inpatient at had sent the information forward for an increase request was what information he obtained. In his case, it did lead to an increase in rating %. Mostly, make sure you don't miss a c&p appointment.

I received a letter a few days ago from VA stating "We have scheduled you for an appointment. This appt is needed to process your claim for compensation or pension beneifts, as a result of your military service. The VBA requires this medical exam.

I assumed at first it was for my pending appeal on my cervical issues, but when i called the c&p clinic to ask what this appointment was for, the clinic coordinator told me it was for a claim for increase on things i'm already receiving service connected disability for, which are my feet, ankle, and lumbar issues. I never have put in a claim for an increase.

Is this odd or normal that they would request an exam for an increase on things i'm service connected already for??? I follow up on these service connected issues all the time with my current physican. Or is this a re-evaulation?? Please help. I'm confused