VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Missing Portion Of Va Medical Records

Rate this topic

Hello To All,

I've started to gather information pertaining to my VA medical care and I note some discrepancies in the file and in information available on myhealthevet...wondering if someone may have a suggestion for me? I noted the out of range glucose levels in previous lab tests on myhealthevet, but notice the test results are not all there, specifically, for a certain time frame. So, I recently requested a copy of my VA medical records at the local VAMC which I just received and test results are still missing. As well, the entire pcp visit for that time frame is missing from the file. I don't know what to make of it, heads nor tails, but it doesn't look good to me. I know, thereabouts, when I last visited that pcp which failed to diagnose my diabetes, but anything related to that time frame is not showing up in the records now. I am wondering how can that be? It's almost like the entire scenario is just gone. I did complain through the patient advocate at that time, mostly because I wanted the pcp changed, which was done, but I'd not pulled my records since. It just seems too crazy that there is nothing noted for that entire year in the file as far as going to the pcp, however, there is a listed prescribed medicine related to that time period which is still noted in myhealthevet under list of prescriptions which I have made a copy of, which shows, obviously, that I was seen in the clinic during that time since it's not like they've prescribed medicine for me without seeing the doctor, although the file is missing any information for the visit that day. This is not making too much sense to me, unless I entertain some dubious thoughts, and I don't want to go there yet. Stuff happens, I'm sure, but I'd hate to think records are being messed with and now that it is electronic, it certainly is not impossible. This was some time ago, which makes it more difficult to figure out, but I have to pay for services for VA care, so there is a statement somewhere that would show that I was charged for a pcp visit. I'm not real organized with paperwork, but I save too much stuff, so must be somewhere in my umpteen boxes of paperwork. Otherwise, I wonder if the billing facility would have a copy available? Even so, even if I find or obtain, what, if anything, can one do about it? If the records are gone, they are gone, but that is not good practice, at all. Wondering if anyone has experienced something similar? Thanks very much for any response.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Myhealthe Vet does not accurately reflect what you enetered on your part or your actual tests at a VAMC?

Hello Pete53,

Thank you for the response. No, I've not entered anything on there...everything on there is from VA. It's listing information directly from them and not showing all tests, which was one of the reasons why I requested the records because it seemed odd to me. They were not available in my records copy, though, nor any information noted about any pcp visits in the file, either.

• 2 months later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

Go to Document Release at your VAMC and get the records you need. You sign a request for information and they will send you what they have. You have to do it in person.