VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

You Got Me Hanging? 100% Ptsd

Rate this topic

banchie

Yes, its a victory for me. I fought the VA since the day I got home from nam on this PTSD. Several months back they mailed me a box with 28 pounds of paper evidence and said not to re-submit it anymore, it has been reviewed. I had a C&P in 2005 and they moved me from 30% to 50% last year, and in that letter they explained what they would accept for 80% & 100%. I sent off an appeal in Jan. giving them a description with examples for everything they had on their list for 80% & 100% that was the same as my PTSD symptons.

Today I get a letter, they gave me 100% PTSD with no C&P exam, nothing. As for me, it is about time, and 40 years late, as nothing has changed in my behavior in that time. I am astonished, simply in a friggin daze. My Vietnam war is finally over, I hope. Thanks for the support given here.

Banchie

Edited by banchie

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you finally got what you deserve and showing it does pay not to quit or give up when dealing with the VA.

Unfortunately the PTSD never goes away but maybe you can learn to control it a little,at least your war with the VA is over.

den

Guest anfrnkie
Glad you finally got what you deserve and showing it does pay not to quit or give up when dealing with the VA.

Unfortunately the PTSD never goes away but maybe you can learn to control it a little,at least your war with the VA is over.

den

question,what is the date of your ptsd , i also have 100% ptsd,with no exams, but ptsd started in 2003, i filled appeal to go back to 1952, because i have proof of that wasp sinking hobson 4-11-52

• HadIt.com Elder

Banchie:

If you are like me the Victory is having the VA recognize the injury to your health. You will still have PTSD but you should have less stress and some security. I am glad that you won it has been a long time.

Banchie,

Congratulations on your win. My husband just recently got 100% I/U P & T, no future exams, and it was like a huge rock had been lifted off of me, since we had been at this for many years.

Hope things go well for you now, as I am sure they will.

Don't forget to apply for any extra beenies if you are P & T, no future exams.

mssoup1