VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

You Got Me Hanging? 100% Ptsd

Rate this topic

banchie

Banchie- this is just GREAT News-

it pays to be proactive And persistent-

anfrankie-

these Nam and Persian Gulf vets -any PTSD or SC veteran-should get the retro back to when they got the PTSD or disability in service- but it just doesn't work that way-

Filing within one year of discharge is the only way one can expect a true recognition of inservice disability-

otherwise it is almost always the date of the claim or sometimes a year prior to filing-or a CUE-difficult to win and 1952? a CUE probably wont do it-

I sure understand your point-

but the VA has a much different view of retro.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest anfrnkie
Banchie- this is just GREAT News-

it pays to be proactive And persistent-

anfrankie-

these Nam and Persian Gulf vets -any PTSD or SC veteran-should get the retro back to when they got the PTSD or disability in service- but it just doesn't work that way-

Filing within one year of discharge is the only way one can expect a true recognition of inservice disability-

otherwise it is almost always the date of the claim or sometimes a year prior to filing-or a CUE-difficult to win and 1952? a CUE probably wont do it-

I sure understand your point-

but the VA has a much different view of retro.

BRETA , agree with you, every vet should get all benifits, but i want to ask you a question,i think by law va has to go back to date of qriginal claim mine would be 1978

• HadIt.com Elder

Frankie:

VA will only go back to date of claim unless you can prove CUE.

Guest anfrnkie
Frankie:

VA will only go back to date of claim unless you can prove CUE.

thanks pete, i thought that was the case,just wanted to double check, i can prove cue, also have papers in sentor,s office office feels i am 100% air force,i did file in 1949,still have letter has va seal on it filed again in 1978,no records found have that with va seal on it, so va i guess is trying to come with something, thanks again

• 1 month later...

Banchie---

did you get a VCAA letter?

I think this is a case where the veteran actually got one-

As Banchie stated they told him specifically what he needed to send them for higher rating-

he highlighted that in Red and this is the fulfillment of his DTA rights-

no wonder his claim went OK- the VA did THEIR job and he did his!

Men and women-

I am asking my RO for my VCAA letters-

That will put them in quite a fix-

Can they refuse? No-and it means they have to get my file back from the BVA-

Also I am asking the VSM (Susan Kloc) to CUE the last VA decision based on the VCAA error that they made-

I cant cue it----THEY can! This worked for me in Sept so I am using this tactic again-

I want all this in my c file -

They gave my evidence no attention at all for over three years-

My vet rep (former) never ever told me if was going to the BVA-

I was waiting for reply to additional evidence I had sent them -they gave me 60 days in the SSOC ,I responded immediatly with more medical evidence (there was alot more in the med recs)and then they ignored my evidence again -and set it up for BVA while my former vet rep sat back with his thumb up his rear end-

I hope you all caught what Banchie's message last month reveals-

it is what I have been griping about-

He appears to have gotten a real VCAA letter-

It is the Election response that the vet sgns and returns-this is what they will read and when RO gets one -then they probably say oh craps-someone sent this vet a real VCAA notice and now we actually have to read their claim and satisfy the VCAA election that the vet made and tell the vet what they need or make the award right then and there-

because the VCAA Notice that the vet signs and sends back to them-

is the only way many vets will get anyone there to actually open the c file and read their evidence.

Some claims would have to awarded upon their receipt of this notice-

Read the election part and see what I mean-

This is a bigger scam than Watergate- to me as a Watergate buff-but also as a vet's advocate-

Watergate did not involve keeping compensation out of veteran's pockets with deliberate stall tactics by ROs.

VCAA Gate does.

Edited by Berta