VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Results Back Confused

Rate this question

jokerwaswild

Question

Hello, just recieved c&p results for PTSD. Doctor report starts with diagnosis of PTSD(icd code:308.1) the examiner axis 1 says PTSD related to veterans fear of hostile or terrorist activity. It also states, GAD and major depression. My GAF score is 55. Axis IV problems with primary support and social environment. Axis V depression high from past relationships, medical problems PTSD started while deployed and have continued without remission.

It goes on under functional impact: Does the veteran have a TBI? she marked no, what does this mean?Under occupational and social impairment: she has marked off Ocupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity

Now here is the kicker, she put under competency, her opinion: veterans PTSD, Anxiety, and Depression are as likely not related to fear of hostile terrorist activity/combat and s/c medical disorder.

What does all this mean?

Thanks,

Joker

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi There,

Did you mean "as likely as not?" In your post, you've noted "as likely not," so I'm wondering if it's just a typo? "As likely as not" gives the information you'd want to see. TBI is related to traumatic brain injury. I hope this helps some for what you are asking.

Hello, just recieved c&p results for PTSD. Doctor report starts with diagnosis of PTSD(icd code:308.1) the examiner axis 1 says PTSD related to veterans fear of hostile or terrorist activity. It also states, GAD and major depression. My GAF score is 55. Axis IV problems with primary support and social environment. Axis V depression high from past relationships, medical problems PTSD started while deployed and have continued without remission.

It goes on under functional impact: Does the veteran have a TBI? she marked no, what does this mean?

It means in this providers opinion - You have not had a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).

Under occupational and social impairment: she has marked off Ocupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity

This relates to a degree of impairment of your PTSD/GAD, that helps determine an evaluation percentage

that the VA decision maker will figure out - per the medical evidence and the criteria i 38 CFR Part 4 - Schedule Of Ratings.

Now here is the kicker, she put under competency, her opinion: veterans PTSD, Anxiety, and Depression are as likely not related to fear of hostile terrorist activity/combat and s/c medical disorder.

What does all this mean?

This last one means she believes your mental health disabilities are related to active duty.

With what you have posted there is no opinion provided on the issue of competency.

jmho

Thanks,

Joker

Hello, thanks for the quick reponse. Here is what the statement says exactly

Opionion: Veterans PTSD, anxiety and depression are as likely as not related to fear of hostile activity/combat/ and s/c medical disorders. The veteran is employable by mental health standards alone. SMR indicates problems with insomnia as well as stress" before and after deployment. Insomnia is related to the above dx. as well as sleep apnea, improved with cpap.

The above statement I beleive she is refering to because I have both physical (Lumbar Strain 20%) and mental problems. The mental portion she states" Overlapping and innterrelated."she goes on and says,"They are all service connected due to combat and or medical s/c disorders. (pain in lower back which has lead to inability to leave house and work)

My claim is for PTSD and sleep apnea secondary.

Thanks,

Joker

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you able to work? Are you working. The statement was confusing to me but I got out of it the examiner thought that you are employable.

This is Just my opinion on your ptsd from what you wrote that was stated on your C&P,looks like a 30% or 50% rating

JUST MY OPINION

mobie16r

The veteran is employable by mental health standards alone.

I'm a little confused too, but I agree with you Pete sounds like the doc say's you are employable.

On your C & P exam for TDIU, you want to see "Veteran would be unable to hold positions in either sedentary or active employment."

Just my opinion!

NJ