VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Results Back Confused

Rate this question

jokerwaswild

Question

Hello, just recieved c&p results for PTSD. Doctor report starts with diagnosis of PTSD(icd code:308.1) the examiner axis 1 says PTSD related to veterans fear of hostile or terrorist activity. It also states, GAD and major depression. My GAF score is 55. Axis IV problems with primary support and social environment. Axis V depression high from past relationships, medical problems PTSD started while deployed and have continued without remission.

It goes on under functional impact: Does the veteran have a TBI? she marked no, what does this mean?Under occupational and social impairment: she has marked off Ocupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity

Now here is the kicker, she put under competency, her opinion: veterans PTSD, Anxiety, and Depression are as likely not related to fear of hostile terrorist activity/combat and s/c medical disorder.

What does all this mean?

Thanks,

Joker

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Carlie explain it very good. Under competency it should read: Is the Veteran capable of managing his of her financial affairs? Yes Or NO. One should be checked.

mobie

Hello, thanks for the quick reponse. Here is what the statement says exactly

Opionion: Veterans PTSD, anxiety and depression are as likely as not related to fear of hostile activity/combat/ and s/c medical disorders.

The veteran is employable by mental health standards alone.

SMR indicates problems with insomnia as well as stress" before and after deployment.

is related to the above dx. as well as sleep apnea, improved with cpap.

PTSD/anxiety and depression will get one evaluation if SC is granted.

She states you are not unemployable due to your mental health disabilities.

I see a possible problem and wonder if VA will question anything about "SMR indicates problems with

insomnia and stress before and after deployment."

Also, this opinion is from a mental health care provider, I do not know if any or how much weight will be

considered on the issues of sleep apnea. - carlie -JMHO

The above statement I beleive she is refering to because I have both physical (Lumbar Strain 20%) and mental problems.

The mental portion she states" Overlapping and innterrelated."

she goes on and says,"They are all service connected due to combat and or medical s/c disorders.

(pain in lower back which has lead to inability to leave house and work)

Pain is already factored into the 20 % rating for LumbarStrain under IVDS.

I question if the underlined above will fly or not. - carlie -JMHO

My claim is for PTSD and sleep apnea secondary.

Thanks,

Joker

Carlie, I found an error on the c&p exam. The examiner said I had two consults for mental health in 89 &90. Which is not true. Thank God I received my medical files today. Someone placed a consult in my records which is not mine. The record has no name, ssn, or diagnosis. Yet it is I my medical record and mentionrd in her final notes that visited mental health before deploying to the Gulf which is not true. I'm concerned because this was mentioned in her final report and could effect my decision.

The Packet is still in the development stage, how can I dispute this before the VA makes their decision?

Thanks,

Joker

Carlie, i sent a letter to the VARO yesterday with copy of the disputed document, hope this will not impact my claim in negative way.

Joker

1318983882' post=260514]

Me personally, I'd pay a visit to my VARO - but I'm only 15 minutes away from mine.