VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

We Need Members To Jump In More

Rate this question

carlie

Question

Hi,

This is just my opinion.

I sure would like to see more members jumping in and providing help

when they can.

Regular responders are getting stretched kind of thin.

Come on - help out some - Ya know ya want to : -)

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Although I am new to all of this, I will pass along any new information that I learn as well. Didn't know how intensive this process can be on you all like that and I will do my part to not overwhelm any of you.

God Bless the wonderful elders of this forum for their continued and unselfish contributions to those of us who are completely lost in the dealings with the VA claims process. You are ALL GODSENDS!

I have very little experience. My successful claims were due to reading from those who contribute to this site; along with reading information on filing claims, what evidence is necessary, etc., that is posted on this site. I agree with TBird that those wanting basic advice only have to search for the answers already posted. I have to thank the Elders and this site's contributors for helping me immensely without having to ask them questions. Although I may have to in the future. I will try and help when I can from my own experience.

• HadIt.com Elder

The claims I have assisted with in the last several months have required significant research and support for veterans who have been railroaded by bogus C&P exams. The problems with C&P examiners has been ongoing. Additionally, the raters have been giving weight to these bogus exams even though the examiners offer no credible supporting logic. I have been successful in getting the veterans to seek additional work up and re-diagnoses from their treating clinicians. Much of the effort has been worked out in telephone conversations with the veterans. These battle with corrupt doctors becomes very personal and the veterans require support that goes beyond a webboard and requires personal contact.

The exams that I have been rebutting involve opinions by examiners who call themselves forensic psychiatrists. These examiners have made bogus conclusions based on hypothetical study groups that never existed. They have made diagnoses that do not comply with the DSM IV. They claim to know etiologies of mental conditions that have no known etiology. They fail to follow proper protocols when making differential diagnoses. Wouldn't you know it their errors result in a diagnosis of a non service connectable explanation of the veteran's symptoms.

These claims wear me out and the veterans impacted by the bogus report and I need to take breaks. That is why I disappear. However, even though I am gone for a while I do return and have been returning for about 15 years.

I often recommend that veteran's read BVA cases. The BVA cases show that the doctors do write superficial and sometimes reports that border on extrinsic fraud. Some BVA cases involve numerous reports from doctors and show the logic used by the BVA to weed out the bogus reports. Type in the symptoms or diagnosis of your condition into the link below and start reading.

http://www.index.va....rch/va/bva.html

Edited by Hoppy

I will try my best to assist as well. I am very busy with legal matters at the moment as well. With the incredible knowledge I have gained from this forum I will try to check in at least several times a week. I do check the board daily as you never know what will come up.

And for all the elders, take a week or 2 vacation. Everything will run smoothly. I am planning a nice vacation next month myself.:smile:

• Founder

My opinion if someone has the answer, post it. No one was whining we just want more members not to be afraid to jump in. I can see no valid reason why if another member has an answer or comment that they should hold back that just makes no sense.

Members need answers.

x

x

x

IMHO, If the regular know-it-all members would refrain (for a day or two) --from posting answers to every single question, then the more hidden or quiet members would step up to the plate. Just sit back now and again, and allow others to get involved. I don't know how many times I've wanted to post something; had to think about it to make sure I had it straight in my head --and by the time I was ready to post, there were already "answers" from the "top members". Also, please don't whine about over work or helping others, this is a strickly volunteer service ;-) ~Wings