VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

We Need Members To Jump In More

Rate this question

carlie

Question

Hi,

This is just my opinion.

I sure would like to see more members jumping in and providing help

when they can.

Regular responders are getting stretched kind of thin.

Come on - help out some - Ya know ya want to : -)

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Personally, I think the more who DO jump in, the more the person asking the question feels the concern of members.

Even if someone has already answered with the same answer, having someone supporting that answer can help.

I don't answer too many because I am not knowledgeable enough about a LOT of VA inside info. However, I try to follow up with research/comments/suggestions where I think it might help.

If others can do the same through their experiences, it does help the person

1) feel more comfortable with answers given

2) feel the concern of members

3) perhaps offer a different perspective on a subject.

We must never forget that Tbird created this site in order for all veterans to help veterans not just a few veterans on a board of inquiry to help veterans. The more the merrier or at least the more the better knowledge. lol

also, those who are not veterans, such as myself, offering their thoughts and experiences when dealing with the VA and the veteran are also of value.

Please chime in as you are able.

JMO

• HadIt.com Elder

My opinion if someone has the answer, post it. No one was whining we just want more members not to be afraid to jump in. I can see no valid reason why if another member has an answer or comment that they should hold back that just makes no sense.

Members need answers.

Yes Tbird, folks were whining: being stretched thin, tired of doing searches, having their posts interrupted, etc.

I'm just saying --that if the elders would sit back (refrain), other's would chime in! As a newbie, it can be intimidating to post on a message board with the elder/experts having thousands and thousands of posts to their credit. Let some of the newer members add some posts to their credit! JMHO.

It is great that others have offered to help here.

I think I am the so called “whiner “

so I will happily take directions from your example of 'advocacy' Wings-

I will just show up here every few months or so,

try to get info off the board if I have a personal claim pending,

and then pick and choose the few questions I want to answer.

And then disappear from hadit for a few more months.Like you do.

I didn't know hadit was a contest to see who posts the most.

Vets , retirees, dependents and survivors who come to hadit want answers fast, or they just need support to get through this difficult waiting process.

They often have SOs or vet reps or even lawyers who do not return their calls.That is one reason why hadit is so valuable.

Yesterday I had a long conference call with 2 totally SC disabled veterans who have done so much for other veterans it is amazing. We discussed developing something else to help veterans.

The only “ credit” they ever got for their years of help to the veterans community is THANK YOU!

For us truly devoted advocates

that is all we really need.

I had to edit many replies to all this because they contained too many curse words.

I am disgusted that you inferred that Carlie, who has done SO MUCH HERE and me -were who you considered to be the whiners.

I dont know when I will return to hadit. This might well be my final post.

(((Hugs))) to everyone - seems like we need a group hug here and let some things slide off.

To those Elders who have spent countless selfless hours helping others, Thank You.

I'm saddened to see that a post asking for help has turned into some of the best forum members not wanting to post.

I know I'm very new here; I only found hadit in August and have posted very little. My posts have either been hello to other members, where my claim is at (if I had movement) and to the success stories. I know diddly about the VA and their practices. I’m waiting on something back from my claim so that if I need to do something I can get help or guidance. Every time I call the DVA, they never call back. I’ve been here two months now and still have to look up tons of acronyms and balk when I see according to U.S. I2349 because I have absolutely no idea where to start. I’m trying to learn but it’s so much.

Within my first week here, I knew that Carlie and Berta had a lot of knowledge about the VA (of course you aren't the only ones ;D). You can see it in their posts and willingness to respond to people and help. Not to mention the sheer size and information in their posts.

My understanding of forums in general is this. New people come in, get help, leave. Why bother returning if you no longer need something? Now, this doesn’t apply to everyone, but it stems true from my other forums I’ve been on. The long standing members have to repeatedly answer simple questions and say things over and over. I got so fed up that I had a large document of commonly asked questions that I would copy and paste from.

Personally, I’d rather have a post from an elder with thousands of post and know what they are talking about then from a newer member that has no clue. However, I also understand that it would be nice to have new members jumping in and trying to answer newer posts that they do know.

Berta, I haven’t had the pleasure of having you respond with your wealth of knowledge to a big issue I’ve had, but thank you for what you have done with vets up to now. I know tempers can easily flare but not everyone shares the same viewpoint. One only needs to click on yours and Carlies profile and view the comments to see that.

I hope you reconsider.

I know my two cents isn't worth much, but there it is.