VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

We Need Members To Jump In More

Rate this question

carlie

Question

Hi,

This is just my opinion.

I sure would like to see more members jumping in and providing help

when they can.

Regular responders are getting stretched kind of thin.

Come on - help out some - Ya know ya want to : -)

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

After having studied this topic for several days, I have decided to add this.

Hadit.com is a site that offers help to veterans who are going through the VA maze.

Remember, this is a maze and it has numerous passageways that are designed to lead to a dead end and when we reach it we have to back track and start over.

Regardless if a member is an elder or not, these folks have the most experience when dealing with the VA.

As veterans, we are indebted to these people who have helped us along when we were dealing with the VA.

Berta has been here a very long time. She has spent countless hours on this board and has helped so many members I cant count them all.

It is a call to arms folks, It is not a call for members to stop assisting veterans. If a member has something to add to a topic, by all means add it. When we have a variety of opinions to consider it makes us stronger and gives the veteran more choices.

Lets get focused and in the right direction and work together. There should be no bickering here as we all get paid the same. Berta, Keep up the good work, It truly is appreciated and will never go unnoticed. You are the shining light that powers Hadit and dont you forget it.

I really enjoy reading Berta's posts and 99.999999999 percent of the time she is dead on.

I would also like to see additional responses and more involvement from all elders. The Main reason you are elders is the fact that your a very valued asset to Hadit and its mission.

To maintain mission effectiveness we must never forget why we are here. We are here for veterans and that is the bottom line.

Basser

Well Said J...Berta Please reconsider just reading your post have helped me tremendously. Everyone here is fighting the same fight, we need all the help we can get!

Thanks,

NJ

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta has helped hundreds maybe thousand's of Veterans on this Board. Her not helping would be missed. Its my opinion that if someone chooses not to post it is their business but the more answers and more encouragement the better.

I remember when I had to wait days for an answer on Prodigy so I often respond. I also have a duty to monitor. I am no expert but I have some experience and I will continue to try to post encouragement and also share experience.

Berta please do not change unless it is something that you want. Anyone who is trying to help here is welcome.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Berta, Folks here depend on you. I am not able to contribute as much or as often. You are a true veterans advocate. I'm just a needy veteran ;-)

There was a time I gave as many hours as you, to the other veteran, but I find myself lacking the mental prowess I once had. I would rather step down, than have you leave. But please do not try to shame me for not being as good as you. You have to let others learn for themselves sometimes, that's the only way they learn --when they have to do their own research. If you are always there, they come to depend on you --and not on themselves. Know what I'm saying? I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I am good at that. I apologize. ~Wings

Guilty here too for not posting more.

I've been away a while, side tracked with fighting my HOA, helping other veterans through work or acquaintances with their claims, and I recently had lumbar fusion surgery after fighting the VA 2 1/2 years to get it.

I also got aidetracked on a politics debate board, but have since quit that; but I constantly watch for legal and other news stories and Twitter them and post them at my MySpace page (support4veterans) to keep veterans and family members up to date.

Plus working full time keeps me busy as well; but I will make a better effort to get back into the spotlight here in answering questions and providing whatever support I can.

Troy

arrrrgh, i feel bad too. I haven't logged on in forever...part fo it was the mandatory OT plus Faire on the weekends from July - Sept., & i've finally caught a break now in Oct.....but the other part is my job DOES drive me to want to drink so sometimes i just dont wanna deal with VA anymore than i have to.

For those of you who don't know me, I am the "outed" rater from VA reg, office in NY. (i outed myself). When i first joined here, I was a bit nervous becuz I saw the general attitude everyone has towards VA (believe me, i understand) & thought maybe I'd just be 'boo-ed off stage', but i really wanted to help, & I figured maybe I could at least shed a bit of light on whatever topics I could. instead of potshots, I found everyone to be warm, receptive and glad for any advice or explanations i could give. i don't want anyone to think i haven't been posting becuz I've been run off....on the contrary, i not only have a thick skin, but i am just as annoyed at VA as many of you are re the red tape. (I can say with certainty though, that Congress is the culprit!)

Anyway, I just wanna put it out there again: i work 9 hrs a day & have a 4 hr round trip commute. I'm not saying that to garner pity, it is what it is,. I'm saying it becuz by the time i get home, I don't always get time to sift through every post. If u wanna give the regulars a break, pls shoot me an IM and either ask me a question, direct me to your post, or better yet repeat the question from your post & tell me where you posted it so I can make sure to see it . This way I can address the question without wading through things. I am by no means an expert, but if I don't know, I can do my best to find out from those with more experience at the office. By no means am i trying to replace anyone, I'm just offering a reprieve to those who constantly get the brunt of the questions. And pls don;t think you're bothering me, it will actually be easier for me this way.