Jump to content
  • Donation Box

    Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

  • 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims


    When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading
  • Ads

  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   


  • Advertisemnt

  • Advertisemnt

  • Ads

  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

    employment 2.jpeg

    You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

  •  ad-free-subscription-002.jpeg     fund-the-site.jpg

  • Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

  • 0

Is This A Possible 1151 Claim


had surgery at a va hospital for a l/4 l/5 laminactomy spine surgery got surgical notes from va of the surgery... notes said surgery performed l/4 l/5 laminactomy and the procedure performed etc....... I continuiously sought medical treatment at va hospital recently had a new Mri from an outside sourcei it states its shows a l/4 l/5 laminactomy and a l/5 and S/1 right hemilactomy has been performed....I was never told I had a double laminactomy is this va neglegence its funny......It took 10 yrs to find this out

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

Our FTCA forum here has the whole 9 yards on filing Section 1151 claims.

Or use our hadit search browser and google Section 1151 claims.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


Would have rather they had woke you and told you that you had more wrong and they take care of it or just fixed the on area and go back and go thru the same thing at a later date. At this point I don't see anything for a 1151 claim at ten years.

I am going in for a cervical revision soon and I hope they take care of what ever they need to while there so I don't have to go back.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

maybe you needu to understand i had a wife right there maybe they could of told her....Or maybe they could of told me when i was awakened at that time. Or maybe they could of wrote it in the surgical notes.... Maybe you need to understand that if you have a double laminactomy that you need to have a fusion.... So 10 years later you wouldnt have to suffer from a collapsed vertabra at two levels and by the way there wasnt anything wrong with the disk that they cut.....Could someone who has experenced a double lamanactomy comment on this please....

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a Malpractice victory for someone with a similiar problem:


Section 1151 and FTCA claims require:

Documented evidence of additional disability direct due to the malpractice- and

documented evidence of the malpractice.

." I continuiously sought medical treatment at va hospital recently had a new Mri from an outside sourcei it states its shows a l/4 l/5 laminactomy and a l/5 and S/1 right hemilactomy has been performed....I was never told I had a double laminactomy is this va neglegence its funny......It took 10 yrs to find this out"

A good malpractice lawyer could manipulate that info possibly into the FTCA 2 year statute of Limits for FTCA.Since you only found this out by virtue of the MRI.

The MRI doctor could potential provide you with a strong independent medical opinion.

There are many malpractice lawyers on the internet who could possible assess your case via email.

You presented her what looks to me like bonafide medical malpractice but only a thorough review of your med recs could support that.

There are plenty of IMO doctors on the net as well.

You can file (from what I see here) Section 1151 as well as FTCA claim -the ramifications however of succeeding in both claims are explained in our FTCA forum.

You can file the FTCA and 1151 yourself -=you have that right but still-

you will need to send the VA the evidence from your med recs and this MRI results to them to build your case either way you go.

I had no IMo doc or even a lawyer for my FTCA Sec 1151 awards.

It took almost daily work and research on my part for almost 3 years.

I actually had far more evidence of malpractice than I really needed.

But now I wish I had simply gotten an IMO doctor and a lawyer as it would have saved me a lot of work.

Their IMO and legal fees would have been an insignificant amount compared to what I got in cash from the VA due to their malpractice and negligence.

Your FTCA case and/or Section 1151 rsts solely on this legal point:

The VA committed acts or an omission of acts that caused you additional disability because they did not meet a Standard of Care as found in the Usual Medical Community.

In other words, real doctors (non VA) would have told you of the double laminactomy and treated the results of that situation. with a fusion if that is the medically appropriate treatment.

All vet reps from the vet orgs are trained in 1151 claims and you should seek a vet rep to help with that.

Vet reps cannot advise on FTCA issues.

However if the results from FTCA are successful, then the 1151 will be too and vice versa but again I remind all here-

there are legal and financial ramifications of succeeding under both FTCA and 1151.

If you file yourself under FTCA, it pays to read all of the FTCA regulations.

Those VA lawyers in DC are sharp as a tack.If you go one to one with them, you have to know your stuff in and out.

I liked dealing with them but I am "too tough" as one lawyer kept saying to me.

I still am dealing with them over another legal issue. They(Office of General Counsel VA ) and the Top Strategic Health Team at VA Central are the smartest people in the whole VA system.

Edited by Berta

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Ads

  • Ad

  • Latest News
  • Our picks

    • I filed for my mitral valve regurgitation heart disease secondary to a service-connected condition on 7-30-18. It was granted on 8-30-18. Since I filed for this heart valve issue and was awarded, can I still file for hypertension ? I have been seeing comments that you should file for hypertension first and file for heart disease as a secondary. Can I file for hypertension as a secondary to my heart disease ? I am alittle confused on this matter.

    • How to Change the Theme - Look and Colors
      How to Change the Theme - Look and Colors
      • 5 replies
    • For Calculating Retro

      VA Disability Compensation Rates 2012 | 2011 | 2010-2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999

      Prior to 1999 check here https://www.hadit.com/va-disability-compensation-rates-historic-for-retro-calculation/
      • 0 replies
    • I am a 100% disabled veteran, At first I was super excited to find out I am getting retro pay for back benefits to 2006. But that was over 2 months ago. I been waiting and waiting and calling to ask them wheres my back pay. They first told me "one month" than I call again. The guy started reading a script of basically "we are malingering on paying you" type crap. I was wondering if there is any number I can call besides that 800-827-1000 number to inquire about my status. I don't know why its taken so long when there is specific information telling them from the judge that VA owes. 

      There was a remanded to see if I was eligible for IU (I get it now since 2014 im actually 90% with 10 of that been IU). I been on SS since 2004. Can Someone help me out? Thank you
      • 6 replies
    • You might have a 38 CFR 3.156 situation-

      meaning the VA might have considered your claim in 95/96 as "not well grounded" and failed to even get your STRs.Or they did get your STRs but never considered the specific entry you cited here.

      Lots of discussion under a search, of 38 CFR. 3.156 (a)(b) (c) ---here is a winner:



        • Thanks

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines