VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Citalopram

Rate this topic

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T8r...I've been on Citalopram for about 9 months now and I started out on 20mg now I'm up to 40mg...I still have suicidal thoughts but not as any as I use to before - can't really say I have many side effects. I also still have anxiety and depression.

People react different to meds, so its hard to tell if you are going to have the same side effects as someone else. That said I took celexa for almost two years, it started out on 20mg and topped out at 60 eventually they took me off of it. It did work for awhile and then not so much. I took something else for anxiety though I took clonazepam and hydroxizine. I don't take the hydroxizine anymore but I do take the clonazepam still. The only side effects I can remember having were dry mouth, and feeling sleepy. Keep in mind that you have to take most psych meds for about six weeks to feel most bennies, so its good like you said to be open minded and give it a chance. hope it works for you.

/doc

Been taking it since July...up to 60mg daily. No severe or major side effects to report. It helps some with my anxiety (PTSD related) but I'm finding out there's no "magic pill" for this. It's just something that I guess we can try to manage day to day but not sure if, in my case at least, it will ever go away. Give it a shot and maybe it can help you out...One day at a time brother- You're not alone in what you're going through if that's any consolation.

LC

I have been taking citalopram since April 2011 .I also started out on 20mg and it was raised to 40mg. My Dr. told me 40mg was the maximum dose that could be prescribed because this med had been found to cause problems with the electrical system that controls the heart rythem.This might be something you need to talk to your Dr. about.