VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help Getting Started

Rate this question

david walker

Question

Need sumhelp gettin started. I filed a calim for increase over 2 yrs ago. I was turned down. Even though my doc at VA (he's director also) said I was 100% disabled for sc disabilities. After being turned down, doc filled more document stating he believes I have Gulf War Illness. Listed alot stuff Fibro, colitis, rashes, muscle/skele pain lots more. VA doc also wrote letter to SSA stating i would never work again. I ve had doc's since sep. Problem is I been so sick an paper work got so hard for i ve not done anything. I was oncegood at admin stuff but its gone now. I ve had tons of fincial problems but the personal problems have also killed me. My marriage has fell apart an my children are suffering for it. U no if it was for them i'd quit give up. Its like i get to a point during stuff an have to start over get to that point again and have tostart over. Make any sense to any one. But I'm trying....just dont no how to file a claim for this,

Im 20% for c-spine, 10 for other stuff my total disab. comes out 60%.

I got mri stating - severe ddd. but don't help due to rom. doc reports sayin severe colits (im 10% for upper gastro but board sayin not related). My va doc says it related to GWI (so i gotta file)

Can someone plz help me get started a claim for gulf war illness. and ss disability. thanks for ur support in past.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

There is considerable info in our Gulf War Forum as to what these claims can involve.

Don't claim a generic 'Gulf War Syndrome', claim instead the disabilities you have that can conform to the Gulf War illnesses as shown in the GW regulations.

If any of the established SC disabilities have gotten worse since their last rating, clim youi request a higher rating for them.

As to SSA benefits-they have an excellent web site and there is info here in our Social Security forum.

I assume no NOD was filed on the last denial?

You can re open those claims by sending the VA New and Material Evidence.

They wont re open your claim without that.

If the VA filed to consider any evidence you had-in the older decision- this can often be used as New Evidence.

Based on what you posted I dont understand why they denied your past claim.

"Even though my doc at VA (he's director also) said I was 100% disabled for sc disabilities. After being turned down, doc filled more document stating he believes I have Gulf ....."

Did the VA have that evidence?

Can you scan and attach here the Reasons and Bases and Evidence section for the past denial you got from VA?

Cover personal stuff.