VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It Worked... I Am Stunned

Rate this topic

Geo4K

So, here it is:

After 23 months, several claims/reconsiderations and you gotta be FN kidding me letters, the VA came through for me with a 80% service connected disability rating. Bastards - I never asked for anything that I thought I didn't deserve and was a valid claim. And, it took me over 4 years to file and figure out that I needed to file

My wife came to me in the garage - I was installing a window regulator in her van - I was stressing becasue the part took 10 days to get to me and I might have forgotten to put it back together

! She left and tore the big white envelope open, Heart pounding away, hands greasy and shaking I start to read - but without my glasses..... stress, I see something about a 50%, a 0 to 10 and a 10 to a 20. i JUST WANT TO GET TO THE ON IN THE LETTER WHERE IT SAYS WHAT THE OVERALL RATTING IS! IT SAID 80%. i just stood there, did a little more work and took a deep breath and found her. Look dear, we car live pay off our bills now. I need to make a plan for this. I looked at the one SC rated at 0% for migrains and dizzy spells and may let it slide... They acknowledge it and I think thay it would be hard to move past 80% I am pleased.

I do l need to add Michelle as a full time college student at UNM shr is worth another $192 a month,this could push my pay to $2K monthly. It was a lot of work ad many dleeplessness nights.

and the Packers are undefeated --- Its all well my friends,1

I could have posted more hehlfo infom but i not at my best right now

When I come back in here, I'll be relaxed ad ready to help all,. Great folks in here helpef me go from less that 50 all the way to 80 - I never exoected this big reward

I'll try not to post after U take my ambien,,,, but I was so happy and wanted to share - please excuse me.

Not to be a chump, I'll pay the dues and join the DAV as a lifetime member now - I can afford it.

I am free

Edited by Geo4K

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very happy for you and your family!!! I sense the joy and relief. That is good news!!

This is FABULOUS News!!!!

Did they make a statement as to TDIU? You aren't far away from eventual TDIU award!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But this is the time to RELAX a little and consider how to hold on to some of that retro.

Take the wife out for a Nice Dinner too!

Congratulations! It is great to see a fellow Veteran achieve a measure of success with this system.

Way to go!! Nice to finally get your claim decided. Good rating too. I wouldn't do any anything to rock the boat now .

I'm next on the money wheel. Kind of like playing jeopardy-spinning the wheel to see what shows up.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use