VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nehmer Complaint

Rate this question

Susan

Question

For the third or fourth time this year I recently got the standard first letter "VA received your application" and "don't contact us, VA will contact you". I was happy to at least hear from VA. This week I got a letter from NVLSP notifying me that the Nehmer complaint was made for IHD Service Connection for my deceased husband and DIC. No mention of Nehmer from VA yet. The letter states that VA has about three months to decide if VA agrees and if they do, then VA has thirty days to pay. I hope it works that way!! I had been told that VA had a time limit to begin readjudicating the claim and I just thought it would fall back to normal processing as usual. I was happy to see dates and time limits. My friend who filed the same day in a similar situation over a year ago is still waiting. Her claim was recognized as Nehmer a year ago and all her evidence was in and VCAA filed in January or February.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I hope it doesn't take much longer Susan.

Mine was rated in October and went to a supervisor on Nov 7th and the VA rep told me a decision could arrive here Very soon.

It has always been hard to interpret anything VA says as to when a decision will arrive.

In most of my past claims the money arrived by mail or into my checking account before I got the formal award letter.

My last award required the VA to send me a letter advising me of the amount to take to my bank as they were electronically depositing it.

2 weeks later the bank had not received any deposit. We had a snow storm so bad that I didn't even even go down the hill to my mailbox one day. I sure didn't expect a check in the mail anyhow.

The next day as I made my way through many feet of snow-I could see the mailbox door had blown open.

There under a lot of wet snow that had gotten into the mailbox was a check from the VA due to the award letter.I had to use my hair dryer on it before I could deposit it.

Yesterday I told my mailman about that so that he will be on look out for any VA checks.We have had snow already here.

My DIC amount goes directly into my bank account so I don't understand why VA does this stuff.

Thanks Berta. I hope your award arrives soon also. I remember you telling about the mailbox and snowstorm with that check. I think about that and know that I can expect payment either way. It is good to mention here so that others know how unpredictable receiving the payment can be.