VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Multiple Exams For The Same Things

Rate this question

Stu Pidasso

Question

I started a claim September 14 2010. I had my C&P exams complete by March 21st of 2011. The VARO Winston Salem NC had all my C&P results and evidence by the 28th March 2011. Since then I have had to apply for and recieved approval to expedite do to financial hardship. VA scheduled a C&P exam with QTC and x-rays. I completed them 27 September 2011. I just got a letter in the mail from QTC saying that they are expecting me to come and do the exam yet again. This will be my second exam in a month for the same conditions and the third one since I initiated the claim. I know that the results from my last QTC C&P examination have not even had time to get to my raitor. I talked to my local VSO last week and he never mentioned any of this. All he said is that my claim was suspended until the 22nd of October because the raitor was waiting on my C&P results. I am at a loss. I know that the day I went to the C&P exam September 27th 2011 I was given two places to go for them at the same time. I was able to get the x-rays done but not the physical exam. The physical exam was rescheduled for the next day. This was not a problem with my QTC case manager as it happens all the time at this location due to the Dr's office and the Radiology clinic sharing a parking lot and address. I DID NOT GET COUNTED AS A NO SHOW. Anyway I had the physical exam done 3 weeks ago as of this Friday and I half expected some things to be getting done by now because I have been approved to have this expedited. I am starting to feel like all that is happening is they are going to keep scheduling me for exams over and over.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

What ever you do, don't miss your exam. Hard to say why that scheduled another exam, but just go along with it.

What ever you do, don't miss your exam. Hard to say why that scheduled another exam, but just go along with it.

I will for sure go, but I really would love to know why this is happening. It does not make any sense at all. I am starting to feel as though they are fishing to try and disprove me. I know that both of my other times I have gone to this C&P (VA in Durham, NC and this same Civillian Practitioner) everything I claimed was supported. It really blows my mind that the same exact Dr will be doing the exam.

Mire than likely the fray exam was insufficient for rating purposes, meaning the doctor didn't answer everything. ROM or something like that. Sorry to hear it is taking ao long. Like thenprevious post said. Dint miss the exam. Jmho

Stu,

Hang in there and don't get discouraged. I'm going through something similar as you and I'm also dealing with the Winston-Salem VA. I completed four C&P exams (all done via QTC). At the last exam, the doctor mentioned that I would need to be scheduled for an upper GI series for her to be able to complete her report. I told her I just had an upper GI series done at the Durham VA only a week earlier. To make a long story short, I ended up wasting about a month's time while QTC scheduled me for THE SAME test about 130 miles away. When I called my QTC Rep and told her of the earlier test she had me fax her a copy of the test/results and said she would forward them to the doc to complete her report. After not hearing from QTC, I figured I better go to the test as scheduled...NEVER MISS A C&P EXAM, so I attended and repeated the test AGAIN. On the way home, QTC calls to tell me I didn't need to go since I faxed them the earlier test paperwork :angry: . Not only did I repeat a test, x-rays, and drive 130 miles for nothing but there was no travel pay check there for me. To this day I still haven't received it yet...according to QTC its in the mail and should arrive soon.

Moral of the story/ Lesson learned - We're at the mercy of a system that has way too much bureaucracy and "red tape". So many times I've tried to clarify things with a phone call only to hear a voice recording. Stay persistant...Take it one day at a time and try to pick your battles wisely- learned this the hard way.:smile: Trust me, I know what you're experiencing and it is sad that we have to go through as much crap as we do to get what we are rightly entitled to. Keep positive and try to learn what you can through this website and others. MANY of us are going through (or have gone through) "the process" and have good ideas to pass along.

LC

Stu and loose cannon, and I make three blind mice working with Winston Salem. Same song same dance here.

File my claim on Sept 16th of 2010, thought I had completed all exams in Fed. of 11. Got another my 4th addition information request and letter stating they were scheduling another qtc exam, in Sept of 11, replied back with no new information rate as soon as possible. Still no movement out of development or appointment scheduled and just about to complete 14 months waiting, and really due not except to here until after the new years if lucky! But if it still sit in development at 18 months I am calling a senator! This is really out of control in Winston-salem, NC. Last weeks Monday morning report showed Winston Salem 33,348 cases behind.

Never give up! Got nothing but time!!!

Stu and loose cannon, and I make three blind mice working with Winston Salem. Same song same dance here.

File my claim on Sept 16th of 2010, thought I had completed all exams in Fed. of 11. Got another my 4th addition information request and letter stating they were scheduling another qtc exam, in Sept of 11, replied back with no new information rate as soon as possible. Still no movement out of development or appointment scheduled and just about to complete 14 months waiting, and really due not except to here until after the new years if lucky! But if it still sit in development at 18 months I am calling a senator! This is really out of control in Winston-salem, NC. Last weeks Monday morning report showed Winston Salem 33,348 cases behind.

Never give up! Got nothing but time!!!

Just wondering...How were you able to verify that they are 33,348 cases behind? Is this morning report available for public viewing? I have a claim in development since Feb 2011 and it involves an increased rating for PTSD, TBI, and IU so I can understand that they need to be thorough. The issue I have is that they should have a pretty good idea as to what tests are needed EARLY in the process, not right before a case is ready to move to the next phase. Oh well...I'll play the game but be careful about requesting a congressman/senator's assistance. I heard that once you do that, it SLOWS your case down as the entire C-File has to get pulled and made available for your rep to view. Got to do what you feel is best...that's just my two cents :cool:

LC