VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Under Review, With 100% Va Rating

Rate this question

beenwaiting8years

Question

Both SSA and VA have been awarded for the same condition and SSDI has been ongoing for 9 years. Now the case is up for a review. What are the reasons why it would be revoked or is that a remote possibility in the first place?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Your not alone. SSDI is coming after people.

This is what they do. Now just get your doc to write a note stating your conditions have not changed or better yet, even worsened and send it to SSA.

There was a bill introduced in congress to put SSDI disability and VA compensation on the same page. That is that if a Veteran is 100 percent service connected for the same issues they are receiving SSDI for then one must follow the other. Now this bill gets introduced every congress but someone sweeps it under the commitee rug and it is never seen until the next congress takes place. I dont look for it to pass as there is way too much rhetoric and bickering in the ranks of the house and senate.

Wouldnt it be nice, though. To have a security blanket over us and not have to deal with the anxiety of being reviewed.

Basser

Social Security has Continuing Disability Reviews (CDRs) and rates recipients based on the likelihood of their improvement. CDRs are scheduled for every one, three, five, or seven years according to how the recipient is rated. However, a CDR may be conducted anytime if Social Security has reason to believe your condition has improved.

If you haven't had a CDR for nine years, it is just that they are backed-up a little (substituted constipated if you will) and have finally sent you the paperwork for your CDR.

They send me to there doctors every 5 years, with the same results every time, still disabled. I think they look for people not to go so then they can drop them.

NJ

Ya, it is a touchy thing. I got approved for SSD based off my service connection on the first attempt. I am in the process of trying to get TDIU. We will see, it is always different for everyone. We can just do our part and stay with it...

I've begun to wonder if they are looking for more people that they can say have improved? This year was really weird for me. I'd been reviewed last year and didn't expect it for at least another three, but they sent the review papers to me, again. Shoot, I wish I were improved enough...if only they knew! They turn around and say the same thing as always...for now, you are still considered disabled, or words to that effect. However, my therapist told me that a lot of her patients are getting reviewed just as frequently this year, especially, if the award was around at least 10 years back. Hmmm, must be something about the length of time? I don't know, just wondering because some people I know don't even return the form...must be hit or miss.

• HadIt.com Elder

Social Security does reviews to everyne but they are not hard a$$es about it. Eventually its just answer 5 questions and mail the frm back. Any adverse decision is appealable. If you are 100% VA you having nothing to worry about