VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Leukemia

Rate this question

jframe01

Question

I'm in the process of being diagnosed with the symptoms for Leukemia (yes I know we should not research and diagnose ourselves), so far I've had a tread mill test. That was normal and am know scheduled for a CAT scan. Any advice, suggestions or information will be greatly appecerated.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I certainly hope the diagnosis is not leukemia.

The AO presumptive regs cover CLL (Chronic Leucocyte leukemia and Hairy Cell B leukemia.

There is a US CAVC case which was recently remanded to the BVA as the veteran claimed he had a subform of CLL and had medical evidence suggestive of the association to CLL.

Someone asked me to offer suggestions to the case and all I could offer was to tell the vet to get an IMO that is strong enough (from an oncologist) to raise the claim to the BOD level (Benefit of DOubt)

with a full medical rationale that his type of leukemia in fact was subset of CLL. Which is quite possible.

If you do get a diagnosis of leukemia please let us know exactly what the medical terminology is for it.

Then I can check into the status of this other vet's case to see what the VA did as to his attempt to prove subset.

and post his CAVC case here.

Thanks, I cannot thank you enough.

So far I've been through a tread mill test. Had a tube stuck down into my gut and one the other way (if you get my drift), so far every thing is good. I still need to complete a few more tests and as soon as I know more I'll post it.

Berta thank you.

Jframe01

I hope all test news is OK!

With 80% now, you are not far from TDIU paid at the 100% rate.The decision you got when you got up to 80% should have stated why they did not consider you for TDIU.

Are you still employed?

If not do you get SSDI solely for the 80% conditions?

Have you ever formally applied for TDIU with the 21-8940 form?

I hope all test news is OK!

With 80% now, you are not far from TDIU paid at the 100% rate.The decision you got when you got up to 80% should have stated why they did not consider you for TDIU.

Are you still employed?

If not do you get SSDI solely for the 80% conditions?

Have you ever formally applied for TDIU with the 21-8940 form?

Berta I'm fully employed, however it;s a struggle to stay that way. I've gone from a section manager for a big league computer company to a barely fuctioning government worker. I think I may have had a breakdown in 2000 or so. I didn't get to the VA until I developed DMII and that was only by chance in 2007. Anyway the drugs I taking for PTSD ( they are a blessing) seem to have given me a lazy fair type of attitude. Not to much upsets me, and the never ending panic attacks have stopped. Look I'm 63 years old, if I can tolerate the BS and nonsense for 2 more years things will be fine. Who would have thought that after all these years some people don't think I'm qualified to be a GS7.

And yet I feel lucky, and I still hold the Government responsible for the whole AO crap. Oh, my blood test show I'm anemic. I'm seeing the doctor out of pocket, can't say that I trust the VA so much.

jframe01