VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Update: Vfw Mobilizes To Protect Military Benefits As Congress Looks To Slash Spending

Rate this question

allan

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

10 FOR 10: VFW WON’T STAND FOR BROKEN PROMISES

Update: VFW mobilizes to protect military benefits as Congress looks to slash spending

http://www.vfw.org/News-and-Events/Articles/10-FOR-10--VFW-WON%E2%80%99T-STAND-FOR-BROKEN-PROMISES/

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

lol

Greetings All:

Funny thing, all newstories that I have seen on this are changes that would effect future service members, current service members would be grandfathered.

Where was VFW in 1984 when a scant six months after joining they changed the rules for GI bill and to get anything i needed to pay 100 or 150 a month. I was a private with a wife and a son on the way, couldn't do it and didn't get it.

I am annoyed that the brain trust at the pentagon is looking at earned benefits first. When I see a news story this year about a company that is marketing a car that converts to an airplane, and they say the company would have gone out of business except for a 60 million dollar grant from DARPA to look into the feasability of a flying humvee that the average soldier could fly. It makes you think maybe their is a lot of fat at the pentagon that can get cut without impacting the effectivness of the military.

My nickels worth, used to be 2 cents before quatitative easing!