VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Reccomendation For Imo Dr In Florida

Rate this question

TANKERJOE0

Question

can someone please tell me the best way to find or look for a dr to get an imo for a claim thats at dro for ptsd in florida?

im not sure how to look or search for a dr that helps vets and is familiar with va and disability claims?

im guessing they dont have to actually be from the same state as me they just have to have me send them my medical records?

any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I came across this thread while searching for doctors who perform IMO’s in FL. I know this is originally from many years ago. Is the doctor you mentioned still practicing? My husband has a service connected disability but we are starting the process for neck issues he is having related to a injury while serving. The process is so overwhelming and his current doctor has no interest in helping us. He has been to the VA doctors in Orlando, but all say they cannot determine why he is in such pain! Very frustrating. Any advice you may have regarding this doctor would be great. Thank you.

• HadIt.com Elder

Contact a local SSA disability attorney and ask them who they use for mental Health IMO's.

Many law firms do this as they load up on evidence for their clients.

Basser

Where do you live in Florida. I know some doctors in the Tampa bay area. They will do an IMO for you and not charge you $2000 bucks.

john i live in jacksonville.

would i be able to still get an imo from them from here?

thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

If you could set up an appointment to see the doctor I am pretty sure you could get a good IMO. He has to see you in person. You would bring your SMR's and any other records you want him to consider. His name is Gary Arthur and he is in Tampa. I know it is a four hour drive to Tampa, but if you saw him one day and stayed over it would probably be worth it. I know this doctor from personal experience. You tell him I referred you. I can send more details.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use