VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Reccomendation For Imo Dr In Florida

Rate this question

TANKERJOE0

Question

can someone please tell me the best way to find or look for a dr to get an imo for a claim thats at dro for ptsd in florida?

im not sure how to look or search for a dr that helps vets and is familiar with va and disability claims?

im guessing they dont have to actually be from the same state as me they just have to have me send them my medical records?

any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If you could set up an appointment to see the doctor I am pretty sure you could get a good IMO. He has to see you in person. You would bring your SMR's and any other records you want him to consider. His name is Gary Arthur and he is in Tampa. I know it is a four hour drive to Tampa, but if you saw him one day and stayed over it would probably be worth it. I know this doctor from personal experience. You tell him I referred you. I can send more details.

john i guess if your refering him he is familiar with va and what requirements they need for there imo's?

all the proper wording and such?

im not sure if im up for another 8hr road trip right away after i just had one after having the dro hearing.

but if you can pvt message me any more details you wanted to about this dr and the process id love to hear about it. like how much it may cost etc..

in the mean time im gonna check and see if i can find any local jacksonville drs who do them?

but im definetly not ruling out a trip to tampa. so thank you for your help and suggestion.

• HadIt.com Elder

See if any VA shrinks or clinical psychogists in your area have quite the VA to go into private practice. I used a doctor like that for one of my IMO's. She wrote a great IMO and it cost me almost nothing because my insurance paid for it. I don't know if she is still in business but she nailed it. The VA just incorporated her IMO into my decision.

The main things are that the doctor review your SMR's and current records so they can justify an increase or a nexus for SC. They they must be firm in their statement about what caused your problem. No speculation. I will send you some details. I think I paid a few hundred dollars back in 2002.

If you could set up an appointment to see the doctor I am pretty sure you could get a good IMO. He has to see you in person. You would bring your SMR's and any other records you want him to consider. His name is Gary Arthur and he is in Tampa. I know it is a four hour drive to Tampa, but if you saw him one day and stayed over it would probably be worth it. I know this doctor from personal experience. You tell him I referred you. I can send more details.

hi john its me again. sorry to keep bothering you about the same things.

but im trying to make sure i get it right this time around.

so please bear with me even though i may be repeating myself?

i kinda was expecting this to all happen so fast once it finally got started.

i had the dro hearing last week and he ordered the new c&p and already.

i got an appointment for the new c&p exam for the ptsd set for nov 9th.

so a really fast turnaround if you ask me especially for va standards?

at the risk of sounding dumb.

who would the imo be more geared for the c&p dr to look at or the dro officer or both?

because with this c&p exam being scheduled so soon i doubt i can get an imo quick

enough to bring to the c&p exam with me?

but may be able to get it in time to submit to the dro before he makes his decision?

and i was looking around a little and found a dr a little closer to me.

this one was in orlando.

atleast not all the way to tampa.lol

he used to be the head of mental health at a va. and has alot of other accolades.

but he charges $1200 reatainer up front.

what the hells up with that?

why on earth do they charge sooooooo much for that?

john in your opinion is it in my best interest to invest $1200 to get an imo from a former va dr.

to hopefully help me slam dunk my case?

thanks again john for all your help and advise.

joe

• HadIt.com Elder

I would craft the IMO to correct anything in the C&P exam you don't like before it goes to the DRO. These doctors ask for so much money because they think they can get it. It costs them very little to do the IMO. They do the exam and look though your records and get a few quotes. See what you C&P says. You may not need the IMO.

John

sounds good john.

i think thats what ill do.

but will i have enough time after the c&p exam to wait. in order get a copy of the c&p.

to decide wether or not to get an imo exam.

and send it all in before the dro makes his decision?

or should i ask for more time

to submit more evidence to be sure?

thanks

joe

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use