VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

13 Year Old Claim From Kkmc Desert Storm

Rate this question

Done wit this

Question

Got A Question On how I can Get the VA to move Quicker on this claim.

This is what I've done so far. I filed a claim in 1993. It was Denied in 1997 after the NC VA could not locate my medical files from time served in South West Asia. I continued Trying to Locate this missing Records at least once a year. Now after all this time I have received these Records that Clearly state the Accident, day and time - 4 times in the files. I was seen 4 different times for the same thing. I have Reopened the Claim sent these files to my Regional VA Office in Buffalo NY the 1st week of March. Followed by many other statements from Docters and Employers telling the on Going problems I have had. They have received all this and still have not made any move on doing the right thing? The Original Claim was Denied Because of lack of evidence. No medical records from time in service to prove that it was a service connection Injury. This is why it was denied. Would not the missing medical records be all they would need to seal the deal? How can I get them to move on this? I am no lawyer but it sure looks simple.What can I do to get them to move on this? Help!!

Thanks for the help - macool

• Answers 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

"How Much longer before they make a decision? does any one have any Idea how long from here"

Rick- I have dealt with this VARO for almost twenty years regarding claims-

I have seen them award in three months , three years, and in 12 years in the case of two of my vets.

In each of the above cases each veteran had ample medical evidence.

Within 4 months of my filing a FTCA claim (I had filed a Sec 1151 at this VARO on the same day)

this VARO's regional counsel wanted to settle with me- but then the VARO buggered up my 1151 claim real good-the MF showed up(Mysterious force) to snitch the evidence from my c file. Every time I replaced evidence it disappeared again.

That evidence included a complete medical report from the Chief of Staff at the Bath VAMC who totally agreed that the veteran had been severely misdiagnosed.

This was regional counsels evidence to award the claim.

This report vanished. I took three more years to get this rersolved at the VACO level-

When I requested a copy of my c file some years ago- all the evidence (there was more withheld from VACO docs and the GC too )that the "MF" had taken out- it was all THERE!

They are saying now they never received something in 1994- it is right on top of the c file copies they sent to me.

At this VARO they do have some real good claims workers.A claimant does not have any choice as to who gets their claim however-some are good-

my DRO- she was on the job for 2 days and denied my claim- with a copy and paste replica if the initial denial.She didnt have a clue what she was doing-

My vet rep met with Susan Kloc and the DRO they acknowledged my IMOs-to him- but haven't ever used them since-I actually copied it to the back of all VARO correspondence and sent it in many times-however recent action I took- I know they will acknowledge it now-

I think Susan is overwhelmed up there-but I dont care-she gets paid well-their director is Donna Terrill.

Question- did you get a VCAA letter? If so was it specific to your claim?

Did you satisfy by evidence what the VCAA letter asked for?

Pete is a great vet rep- I am having some POA issues with them -Cannon is my vet rep there -hope to get that resolved soon.

"How Much longer before they make a decision? does any one have any Idea how long from here"

Rick- I have dealt with this VARO for almost twenty years regarding claims-

I have seen them award in three months , three years, and in 12 years in the case of two of my vets.

In each of the above cases each veteran had ample medical evidence.

Within 4 months of my filing a FTCA claim (I had filed a Sec 1151 at this VARO on the same day)

this VARO's regional counsel wanted to settle with me- but then the VARO buggered up my 1151 claim real good-the MF showed up(Mysterious force) to snitch the evidence from my c file. Every time I replaced evidence it disappeared again.

That evidence included a complete medical report from the Chief of Staff at the Bath VAMC who totally agreed that the veteran had been severely misdiagnosed.

This was regional counsels evidence to award the claim.

This report vanished. I took three more years to get this rersolved at the VACO level-

When I requested a copy of my c file some years ago- all the evidence (there was more withheld from VACO docs and the GC too )that the "MF" had taken out- it was all THERE!

They are saying now they never received something in 1994- it is right on top of the c file copies they sent to me.

At this VARO they do have some real good claims workers.A claimant does not have any choice as to who gets their claim however-some are good-

my DRO- she was on the job for 2 days and denied my claim- with a copy and paste replica if the initial denial.She didnt have a clue what she was doing-

My vet rep met with Susan Kloc and the DRO they acknowledged my IMOs-to him- but haven't ever used them since-I actually copied it to the back of all VARO correspondence and sent it in many times-however recent action I took- I know they will acknowledge it now-

I think Susan is overwhelmed up there-but I dont care-she gets paid well-their director is Donna Terrill.

Question- did you get a VCAA letter? If so was it specific to your claim?

Did you satisfy by evidence what the VCAA letter asked for?

Pete is a great vet rep- I am having some POA issues with them -Cannon is my vet rep there -hope to get that resolved soon.

JULY 26%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I am assuming that the VCAA is the importent repley needed letter that ask's for the DD214 from 1985 to 1986. If thats it then yes I gave them what that ask's for word for word to the word. I found my Original DD214 and went and got certified copys fron the Steuben Co Clearks office and sent it to the RO and dropped one off to Pete. Thats what was holding up the claim . Even though it has nothing to do with it.

Macool :)

Edited by macool

JULY 26%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I am assuming that the VCAA is the importent repley needed letter that ask's for the DD214 from 1985 to 1986. If thats it then yes I gave them what that ask's for word for word to the word. I found my Original DD214 and went and got certified copys fron the Steuben Co Clearks office and sent it to the RO and dropped one off to Pete. Thats what was holding up the claim . Even though it has nothing to do with it.

Macool :)

[/quo

Berta

I read what the VCAA letter is. I've had one I signed Since march To make the Decision as soon as possible. But the RO keeps sending the Importent Repley needed Letters and I have done all they have asked for there too.Like I said the RO should have everything now ! what next???

What next is to wait it out Rick-

The Buffalo VARO is 2 weeks behind on their PCS as to showing anything received from the vet-

I would check there after two weeks at the 800# to see if they did receive this info- sometimes submissions are not put on their PC as received though-

I assume you have a Priority tracking slip or some Proof of mailing-

all you can do- since you have satisfied their requests-is to wait for their decision.

What next is to wait it out Rick-

The Buffalo VARO is 2 weeks behind on their PCS as to showing anything received from the vet-

I would check there after two weeks at the 800# to see if they did receive this info- sometimes submissions are not put on their PC as received though-

I assume you have a Priority tracking slip or some Proof of mailing-

all you can do- since you have satisfied their requests-is to wait for their decision.

2 Weeks Wow ! Guess maybe by the end of August I might here something. Waiting is the hard part! Thanks for all of your help! I'll let you know when I here something more from them

Macool

Edited by macool

************************August,13,2006****************************

Here's whats going on with my Claim.

The VARO has not sent letters for the need of more evidence or Information from me. I have contacted them and they say they have everything I've been asked to send them. So the RO has all they need to make an educated decision based on the facts. I have emailed my SO and he says he will or would expedite this claim because he knows I cannot do my job anymore. So I sit here.........waiting. I don't think the SO is trying to hurry my claim up. He means well, but I am just another customer. The SO is going to tell me some thing to keep me Quite and Happy. Today -I emailed my SO and asked if I could request a DRO Reveiw .Would this move the Claim along? They have everything now and I've talked to the man that handles my records at the National Perrsonel Records Center in St Louis and he said the RO had my records for almost a month. What do you good people at Hadit think ? should I REQUEST a DRO Reveiw ?Will that work?? The RO has copys of the Original Decision and why it was denied.- Because of lack of Medical records-. And Now-The RO also has the records from the time questioned now ! that clearly state where when and how this happened. I was seen 4 times for what I claimed in 1993 that was denied because of the lack of Medical records That they the RO now has. Should I DRO Reveiw ???? Will that move it along???????????

Macool

************************August 13,2006****************************************** :rolleyes:

Edited by macool