VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rec'd A Call From The Amc, Friday Afternoon . . .

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

As many here already know, I have a claim for SMC "s" award, on appeal, from the CAVC, to the BVA to the AMC, at present. The claim was filed in late '99, and would be retro to '89. Last wk I had the C&P exam at my RO. The AMC called stating they are ready to certify it back to the BVA for a decision. She stated that they mailed me the paperwork, along w/a waiver for me to sign, if I had no more evidence and wanted to waive the 30 day period, I could fax it to them. They are ready to move on the claim.

I told the woman that I actually wanted an extension, as I wanted to get a new complete copy of my c-file and I wanted to get an IMO, to submit to them, prior to the BVA making a decision. She then asked "if I wanted to do this even if the claim was going to be approved?" I explained "no," if it was going to be approved it would be an unnecessary step/delay. She then spoke to her supervisor and then advised me I could proceed w/my requests.

I'm inclined, at this point, to wait and see how they decide. I still have the right to appeal, whatever they decide, but am feeling maybe I've won.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

pr

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My conscious agrees with you pr. But then again, I always try to read between the lines. I'm betting on the woman's remarks as, it's a go, done deal.

Coot

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks, cooter! Yup, I agree. No harm in waiting, that I can see. I don't see that I lose any appeal rights, but I could be missing something, too. Oh well!

pr

My conscious agrees with you pr. But then again, I always try to read between the lines. I'm betting on the woman's remarks as, it's a go, done deal.

Coot

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey, NK - Thanks! So far so good. New England is getting an early snow, so I'm glad to be here! Hope you're finding lotsa gold and enjoying your life on the road!!!

pr

Philip.

I hope you get good news soon. :smile:

How ya likin Carolina?