VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diabetic Shoes Thru Medicare

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm probably the last to find out but Medicare allows one (1) pair of diabetic shoes a yr. Since my deductable is already paid for this yr, I'm going to buy a pair, before the end of the yr. I know VA will do one (1) pair a yr also. Sweet!!! Thought I'd post this in case I wasn't the last to know.

pr

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my 2 pair of diabetic shoes from the VA last week. 2 pairs a year- and I

beleive the VA supplies my SOX 3 pair every 3 months the doctor said. This was the second set of 2 pair of shoes -last year was the same.

STEVE & PAT

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Steve & Pat, for this knowledge. Guess they've been screwing me for a yr and a half. Thanks again!!

pr

I just got my 2 pair of diabetic shoes from the VA last week. 2 pairs a year- and I

beleive the VA supplies my SOX 3 pair every 3 months the doctor said. This was the second set of 2 pair of shoes -last year was the same.

STEVE & PAT

• HadIt.com Elder

I knew about Medicare and my experience is the shows are better than the VA's. Never knew the VA gave socks.

Thanks for the informative posts. Like I always say you pretty much have to ask to get what you are entitled to from the VA

• HadIt.com Elder

I get two pair a year & six pack of sox couple times. Just a note, first time I got turned down because not Diabetic. Then doctor wrote servere PN & was approved. Go fiogure, never know if you don't ask.

Don

My understanding is that Medicare will pay for one pair of shoes and three inserts per year. I was told this by the place that supplies my shoes. I knew that you could get shoes from the VA but I didn't know they also gave diabetic socks.

Rick