VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ao Question For Elders

Rate this question

johnjjr

Question

I have been helping my bro-in-law with his AO claim long distance for some time now and we have hit a brick wall. Need some help figuring what to do. A bit of history on his claim. First filed heart desease claim in 2001. It was denied, NODed and has been in the system ever since. The first of this year, it was remanded back to Cleveland from Washington and Cleveland sat on it til he got his senator involved. Then they farmed it out to Huntington, WV in July. He has had 1 heart attack and now has 4 stents and a defibrillator in place. He has submitted medical opinions from 2 board certified cardiologists as to his condition. Yesterday, he got a letter stating that an appointment had been made for Dec. 8 with a VA cardiologist to confirm his condition prior to a final decision being made. WTH?? He called his senator's office to see if they could find out what was going on. This morning he got a call from the senator's liason who told him the following. On Sept. 15 a decision was made on the claim in Huntington. It was passed to a supervisor who is sitting on it until a VA doc sees him again. BTW, he has been seeing a VA cardiologist all along for this condition. I told him to contact NVLSP asap since all AO claims were supposed to be decided by Oct 31. IMHO this claim should be a no brainer for 100% SC. Where do we go from here? Any and all help appreciated. Be well and GOD bless.

This is a Nehmer Claim. He was notified when IHD was added to the list of presumptives.

Edited by johnjjr

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

BIL just called. He called the VAMC in Cleveland to see if he could get an earlier date for his cardio C & P. He was told no and that the exam was for TDIU, not cardio. Letter in hand says cardio, person on phone says TDIU. So they need to get their story straight. He swears he hasn't filed for TDIU so it has to be an infered claim. If it is an infered claim should he withdraw it and get the IHD rating or just wait this thing out?

If they are inferring TDIU , that would be paid at the 100% rate-if granted.

If he waits for them to send the 21-8940 , that will take more time- has he sent one in himself?

I agree that he should contact NVLSP.

Their AO lawyers email addy is in the NVLSP link.

I just posted a topic link here with their contact info in it.

Edited by Berta

Here is the link he needs:

Yes, they are behind on these awards and past the deadline but I have a feeling they will start to trickle in very soon.