VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back From My C&p Claim For Increase

Rate this question

Ryguy

Question

Ok, so I'm back from my C&P Exam. The physician assistant calls me in, and she wants descriptive details of the issues that i experience with my service connected disability. She then tells me that it seems my left foot is worst than my right foot, but she's dumbfounded as tooo why i'm experiencing so much pain, she said maybe I have some sort of pain illness. I was like OK. She was very opinionated throughout the whole exam, then she moves on to evaluate my back (mind you, i'm trying to maintain my coolness as she has my life at stake here), She did the different flexions and makes her little comments on how my forward flexion is bad, it seems the more nicer I was to her, the more pleasant she got, after 1 hour of evaluating and her documenting the different flexions, she wanted to know why my doctor notes didn't make mention of my feet issues on my last few visits, I told her the doctor gave me pain meds for both issues, she said ok, Then she huffed and puffed about the new exam worksheets, and how much she hated them, and how she needed a break. Then she said, ok, your done, I'm just going to sit here and write notes for your exam, and she told me I was welcomed to sit there while she wrote the notes. I told her I would just pick up a copy of the notes after a few days from the VA's Medical Record Department, She said ok, have a great day, I thanked her for her time and told her I appreciated her listening to the symptoms I experienced, I have mixed feelings about the claim for increase, I did tell her I had no idea how this was requested but I just showed up for the appoitnment, she said, she said she was going to notate this is the notes, about my unawareness of why the appointment was for. she went on to say THE VA is unorganized and it sounds like something the va would do, of not letting me be informed as to what the appointment was for I smiled, and walked out.

Isn't that wild and weird. I just hope this helps my claim, its just awkward that this claim came about and I not once requested this.

What do you think?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Ryguy,

Do not take whatever an examiner tells you during the examine. Make sure you get a copy of the C&P ASAP. Maybe that is the reason the VA is so far behind in their claims process is because they have want to be Doctors or Doctors completely out of their field of study doing these examines. JMHO.

Papa

Yeah, i was just basing my feelings off some of the stuff that she said during the exam, I didn't want to hover over here while she took the time to write my notes, as she said she was in need of a break, So i just wanted to let her know that I would pick up a copy of the examp report later on in the week, that way it did show her that I was very concerned with what she wrote within my notes, but the whole situation was a bit awkward, as she was rude but then started being nice to me later on during the exam.

Thanks Kelly, I will definitely do some research on this issue and see where it all goes. Thanks for the insight.

Sounds like you handled it well, Ryguy.

My foot pain out of the blue turned out to be severe Neuropathy; you might read about that and see if it matches.

Good luck! :smile:

Ryguy a C&P is a compensation and penison exam and if you asked for a increase,these service connected medical issue was recorded on your progress health notes and you don't have to request a C&P,that is what VA do to to find out if your service connected diasbilities have worsen and in my opinion if your C&P examiner stated that your service connected disbilities have worsen,thats a good thing for a increase,because C&P examiner's carry a lot of weight.

mobie 16r