VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Eval

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

Sorry if I stepped on someone toes here. I was saw it under PTSD section and added my question. SORRY.

So here is my question again. I have received a letter from the VA with an appointment for a evaluation on PTSD. I know my last vist to the VA my Dr. asked me several questions about my tour in Viet Nam. I tried to answer the questions as honest as I cound. So what should I expect from the head doctor. I have read on here about other vets and their experiance. So I guess I am a little scared of what is going to happen.

BTW I was a K9 handler in VN and a TUNNEL RAT when needed

SO Any advice would be helpful.

thanks,

Hollis

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi Berta, well my MOS does not show I was a tunnel rat, just a K9 handler, but ODA when out on protrol would require us to investigate suggested sites . Thanks for your daughter service.

My personal best advice for Your C AND P is pour it all out to the Doc-I know that is not how We are raised or brought up-suck it up and take it !! right ?? but truthfully if You do not the Doc will probably make sure this claim goes nowhere !! I have known and still know plenty of Vets 20-76 that got nowhere with thinking the Va would do the right thing !! just trying to help You !!

The PTSD C & P exam worksheets are here:

http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/21/Benefits/exams/index.htm

• HadIt.com Elder

You have CIB on your DD-214..just keep telling them that you have the CIB & all the good advice as to C & P_you should be good to go. The CIB should set off bells & whistles in the heads of VA & probably be noted all over your C & P. My Marine friend asked why do they mention the CAR five time in the C & P Report? That's so the dummies can get the hint that the stressor requirement is to be conceded.

Good Luck,

Don