VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Docforvets.com

Rate this question

docforvets

Question

Greetings fellow veterans. I am a board-certified occupational medicine physician, and I have developed a new website for veterans of the conflicts in Southwest Asia (1990-present) to go for the latest information about diagnosis, treatment and disability claims for injuries and illnesses arising from their service. I spent 22 years as a Medical Officer in the Navy, with active and reserve service, and I am a former VA C&P examiner. I am now in private practice, specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of work-related injuries and illnesses, and I perform disability examinations on a regular basis.

I have posted some new information that may be of interest about Iraq/Afghanistan War Lung Injury and the use of hyperbaric oxygen for TBI that was recently published. It is my opinion that there are many undiagnosed illnesses as well as promising treatments that many vets don't know about, and I would like to try to get the word out about these issues.

Please take a look at the website and blog and tell me what you think.You can also follow me on Twitter @docforvets

Thanks,

John Williams, MD, MPH

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Greetings fellow veterans. I am a board-certified occupational medicine physician, and I have developed a new website for veterans of the conflicts in Southwest Asia (1990-present) to go for the latest information about diagnosis, treatment and disability claims for injuries and illnesses arising from their service. I spent 22 years as a Medical Officer in the Navy, with active and reserve service, and I am a former VA C&P examiner. I am now in private practice, specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of work-related injuries and illnesses, and I perform disability examinations on a regular basis.

I have posted some new information that may be of interest about Iraq/Afghanistan War Lung Injury and the use of hyperbaric oxygen for TBI that was recently published. It is my opinion that there are many undiagnosed illnesses as well as promising treatments that many vets don't know about, and I would like to try to get the word out about these issues.

Please take a look at the website and blog and tell me what you think.You can also follow me on Twitter @docforvets

Thanks,

John Williams, MD, MPH

I understand that your website is for 1990-present. My husband is a Vietnam vet with chronic heart disease, pulmonary fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension, PTSD etc. He was also exposed to the open pits (latrine) with diesel fuel. Would this not be as bad? The VA will not recognize the lung disease. I was just curious. Also there was agent orange.

Mrs. R

Would be happy to speak with you about it. Can you PM me with your contact info? I have generally limited my work to my period of service; 1989-present, but will look at other cases too.

Also, I wanted to make clear I am doing this at this time as a public service, pro-bono to help out fellow vets. I got flamed and banned by the http://vets.yuku.com website by some guy who didn't have the sand to sign his real name for "taking advantage of vets". I am glad the moderators at this site seem to have a little more wisdom and courtesy.

Thanks,

docforvets

I understand that your website is for 1990-present. My husband is a Vietnam vet with chronic heart disease, pulmonary fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension, PTSD etc. He was also exposed to the open pits (latrine) with diesel fuel. Would this not be as bad? The VA will not recognize the lung disease. I was just curious. Also there was agent orange.

Mrs. R

Doctor- as you know- vets sure are targets for scams-

and I certainly can state that hadit does not put up with any scam artists.

Welcome aboard here.

I used to be here daily but-due to a situation where I have documented proof many disabled veterans have been scammed via an ostensibly legit internet site-(and I am still in process of copying additional evidence to forward it to the authorities)-

it is taking up much of my time-

I feel it is good to remind all here that traditionally around Veterans Day and Memorial Day for some reason - internet scammers get active on the net or phone and many focus focus on veterans and their survivors.

Every state has Consumer Fraud laws at their Attorney General's site where one can even file a complaint on line.

The complaint I filed (hoping these vets can be considered as class action plaintiffs along with me)

held 67 pages to include 55 of that as evidence.

The disabled vets involved don't have the same ability I have to find evidence and I have presented a prime facie case for them.

Will they get their money back from this scammer? I dont know.

Will I get the scammer off the internet? You bet I will. He is going down.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use