VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Voc. Rehab. Questions

Rate this question

Bhut

Question

Hello,

I recieved an email out of the blue yesterday from a person contracted by Voc. Rehab. I had taken classes off and on in 2009, and 2010 when they were available at the bases I was assigned to in Iraq and Afghanistan where I work as a contractor. It has been a year since I have taken any classes, I was planning in attending again when I am finished working in Afghanistan in approx. 1 year. I might even be able to take some while here but have not yet. The lady on the phone asked me if I wa s planning on attending classes again I said yes, she asked a few more general questions. Then at the end she asked me if I was recieving any type of prescriptions from VA, I said yes, she then asked what they were. I told her that I thought it was personal and would rather not answer that question. She said that it was no problem and I would hear from her again soon.

I have had an active claim since 2005 for PTSD and Depression. I had a C&P exam in Dec. 2010, the exam seemed to go well. I then recieved a letter stating my claim was denied in April 2011. Then in August 2011, I recieved another letter from BVA stating I should be afforded another C&P exam because the doctor had made an error. I contacted the VA yesterday and they said my appt. should be scheduled within the next 3-4 weeks.

If I begin taking classes would this hurt my chances of being granted benefits for PTSD and Depression? From the way I understand the last letter from BVA it sounds like there is a very good chance I will be granted benefits, but as we all know, nothing is guaranteed.

It also seems strange to me that Voc. Rehab. is contacting me after one year right about the same time I am to go for a Comp. and Pension exam again.

Maybe I am just being too suspicious. Does anyone out there have any advice or comments about this?

Thanks in advance.

Bhut

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Going to school is considered rehab so until it gets you a job it does not count against you but the truth is you can never tell with VA