VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Examples Of Letters Generated On Ebenefits

Rate this question

carlie

Question

Different levels of disability allow you to see, save and print off - different letters.

Example - If you are not rated as SC at 100% with P&T status,

then the ebenefits

"Download VA Letters" option - will not offer you, the Commissary Letter because it does not pertain to you.

Example Letter to establish your Veteran's Preference for Civil Service Employment.

DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS

810 Vermont Ave NW

Washington, D.C. 20420

November 5, 2011

Claimant's Name

Claimant's Address

Claimant's State and Zip

In Reply Refer to:

Claim Number

27/eBenefits

Dear Claimant:

This letter is furnished to establish your Veteran's preference for civil service employment.

What Our Records Show

According to Department of Veterans Affairs records, you separated under honorable conditions from active duty military service and you are entitled to compensation for service-connected disability(ies) that are evaluated as 30 percent or more disabling.

How You Can Contact Us

• If you need general information about benefits and eligibility, please visit us at https://www.ebenefits.va.gov or http://www.va.gov.
  • Call us at 1-800-827-1000. If you use a Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD), the number is 1-800-829-4833.
  • Ask a question on the Internet at https://iris.va.gov.
    Sincerely,

Robert T. Reynolds, Director
    Benefits Assistance Service

Enclosure: Standard Form 15

Example Letter Showing Service Verification :

810 Vermont Ave NW
    Washington, D.C. 20420

November 5, 2011

Claimant's Name
    Claimant's Address
    Claimant's State and Zip

In Reply Refer to:
    Claim Number
    27/eBenefits

Dear Veteran:

This letter certifies that XXXXX XXXXX was honorably discharged from the U.S Armed Forces having served during the following period(s):

Branch of Service

Entered Active Duty

Discharged

XXXXXX

XX/XX/XXXX

XX/XX/XXXX

How You Can Contact Us

Sincerely,

Example Letter for Entitlement of Commissary Store and Exchange Privileges :

810 Vermont Ave NW

Washington, D.C. 20420

November 5, 2011

Claimant's Name

Claimant's Address

Claimant's State and Zip

In Reply Refer to:

Claim Number

27/eBenefits

Dear Claimant:

We are providing you with this letter so you may receive commissary store and exchange privileges from the Armed Forces. This is to certify XXXXX XXXXX is an honorably discharged veteran of the XXXXXXX and is entitled to disability compensation at the 100 percent rate due to service-connected disability(ies).

This total disability is considered permanent. You are not scheduled for future examinations.

How You Can Contact Us

[*]If you need general information about benefits and eligibility, please visit us at https://www.ebenefits.va.gov or http://www.va.gov.[*]Call us at 1-800-827-1000. If you use a Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD), the number is 1-800-829-4833.[*]Ask a question on the Internet at https://iris.va.gov.

Sincerely,

Enclosure: DD Form 1172

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Carlie, are these letters requested by someone that's rating a particular claim

OIF,

The ebenefits letter option - has nothing to do with someone that's "rating" ANY claim.

These letters are for the claimants that have Premium level accounts, on the ebenefits web site.

Different levels of disability allow you to see, save and print off - different letters.

Example - If you are not rated as SC at 100% with P&T status,then the ebenefits "Download VA Letters" option - will not offer you, the Commissary Letter because it does not pertain to you.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I was able to obtain a letter that is not available on eBenefits. I went to renew my license plate and the agent said they needed proof I had a VA disability percentage in order to renew my disabled veteran license plate. Well, I gave that to them a few years ago, bu they said I needed to provide them with a current letter. I called the 1-800 number and requested the letter, containing only the combined percentage - no payment info or anything else, and It arrived a few days later.

Hello Carlie and others,

There are some major problems with many of us here at Hadit and Veterans in general concerning Ebenefits. I have tried to register and log on and no good. So I called the Ebenefits line and even talked to the folks at the local VA clinic as to the problem. If you cannot log on then the Veteran must take a copy of DD214 , birth certificate , drivers license and or Id to the local Regional Office and do it in person. Also to get into the Premium account you must be receiving automated deposit for service connection with some other stipulations. The only thing for me is that the nearest Regional office is 240 miles a way. It is a major problem for many of us. Yes I am glad some of our folks and other Vets have a way to get on Ebenefits but the system is not open to all of us as easy as it is for some. Does anyone have an easier solution? NEVER GIVE UP . God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate