• Veterans Affairs Ratings Reduction – Read More, Fear Less

Did you receive a letter proposing to reduce your Veterans Affairs disability rating? Check out these articles. Forewarned is forearmed. Forge on brothers and sisters…

yulooking

Can You Sue A Vso

Question

can you sue vso. i did a cue of a 1994 rating form services claim. july 2009 bva say these claims are still pending in appeal status from 1994

now i go to the american legion that handle the claims for help they tell me they dont have poa. will not help..

so please tell me how they drop the ball and just let the va hold my appeal for yrs. than when i find out tell me they cant help. how could they not have poa if they started these appeals.

were would i start this sue i have all of the papers.

16 answers to this question

The VA may have a copy of the original POA in their records

Yes yo can if you have a case. I know a Hadit member who did just that.

Basser

Yes yo can if you have a case. I know a Hadit member who did just that.

Basser

that is good to know because DAV was useless earlier this year when i had a pending claim. and the guy lied to me several times!!

i have a copy of old poa took to there offices still would not help. were do i start with the suit anyone i have case

The statute of limitations for suing is two years from the date that you learn of the injury. So, if they told in July 2009 then you might be out of time for a lawsuit against the VSO.

If you learned of the injury and their ball dropping at a later date then you may still have time to file a claim. What day did you learn that they didn't do their job and screwed you?

Edited by scscrewed

The statute of limitations are 2 years from the date of discovery.

J